Chengdu Giant Panda Volunteer Day Tour
The private tour is arranged for those tourists(age required:12-65 years old) who love giant panda and are interested in spending one day on looking after them and learning about breeding and growth of panda at Dujiangyan China Giant Panda Protection and Research Center.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Centrally located Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Lunch with staff
What's excluded :
- Tips to guide and driver
- Personal expense
- Travel insurance
Central Hotel-Dujiangyan Giant Panda Base-Back to central Hotel
Route Duration: 10 hoursStops on the Central Hotel-Dujiangyan Giant Panda Base-Back to central Hotel:
Attractions on the Central Hotel-Dujiangyan Giant Panda Base-Back to central Hotel:
- Chengdu Panda Breeding Research Center Dujiangyan Breeding Yefang Research Center
Operates: Pick up from your hotel in the early morning and drive to the Dujiangyan Giant Panda Protection and Research Center for about 1 hour (80km). 08:30-09:00 Giant panda volunteer register Sign a security contract with the giant panda volunteer service center. After that, all the volunteers are offered overalls and gloves. Before work, all the volunteers will be given job safety training and introduction of the job content. 09:00-10:00 To be a giant panda breeder. Clean the residual bamboo and their feces. Observe giant pandas’ living environment and state. Wash panda’s house. 10:00-11:00 Visit giant panda villa area under the guidance of the instructor. 11:00-11:30 Feed the giant pandas with the delicious specially prepared “steamed bun” and fruits 12:00-13:00 Have lunch and a short break. All the volunteers will have a lunch with the staffs in the panda protection and research center. 13:00-14:00 Watch some science video about giant pandas to know how the human protect giant pandas and live in harmony with pandas. 14:00-14:50 Feed giant panda with the delicious specially prepared “steamed bun” and fruits 14:50-15:30 To be a panda nutritionist. The instructor explains the steamed bun’s formula. Make steamed buns for giant pandas under the instructor’s leading. 15:30-16:00 Return the working overalls and see goodbye to the giant pandas and your instructor. Drive back and drop off at your hotel in Chengdu.
Departure Point :You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Departure Time :See itinerary
Return Detail :You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Age between 12 to 65 years old is required to be volunteer.
- Minimum number per booking is 2 persons
- Most travelers can participate
- Your hotel information
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.