Chef Designed Bangkok Food Tour with Klong Boat Ride
Designed by a chef, this tour is only available to 8 exclusive guests each day. Kick off with an exciting klong boat ride from Siam pier down into a secret old district rarely visited by foreigners and get set for Bangkok's finest foodie tour.
There's some of Bangkok's tastiest food lined up in one of the city's oldest markets and your guide will lead you to the best. Slurp on old-style odon noodles covered in rich beef stew, get your taste buds buzzing with zingy catfish salad, get stuck into freshwater fish steamed curry and a dozen more lip-smackingly good things.
It's not all eating though. Between courses, your guide will take you on tours of the area to discover why this is still the only place where women are trained in the art of traditional dance, see the remnants of Bangkok's oldest cinema and see where and how the desserts you'll try are made. Forget pad Thai on Khao San Road, and dive into the real food of Thailand.
per adult from
What's included :
- Includes more than 15 mouth-watering Thai food and drinks
- A licensed foodie tour guide will accompany you
- Open to just 8 exclusive guests each day
- An exciting klong boat ride through the canals
- Walking tour of the old 19th-century market and old Bangkok
- Chef-designed food tour
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nang Loeng Market, Nakhon Sawan Road, Dusit district, Bangkok Thailand
The tour starts next to Siam Pier at 10:30am where you'll greet your guide and hop on board one of the klong boats for an exciting ride down along the canals. Along the way, you'll get an idea of life next to the waterways and hear stories of Bangkok from your guide.
After you've disembarked, it's right down to business with a bowl of old-style Hokkien noodles from a joint that's been knocking them out for decades. As you slurp the thick odon noodles smothered in rich beef or pork stew you'll hear stories of their origins and why they are rarely found today.
Afterwards, your guide will lead you down through the old streets stopping en route to try the best banana fritters in town cooked up in a local home-style kitchen factory.
Dive into one of Bangkok's oldest markets which has been selling dishes to locals since 1899. Here, you'll guide will take you to the best spots where you'll delve into another dozen dishes like crispy catfish salads, fresh spring rolls with cured sausage and pickles, freshwater fish steamed curry topped with coconut cream and a dozen more mouth-watering dishes.
It's not all feasting though. Between courses, your guide will lead you on a tour of the area where you can take in local life in this peaceful part of Bangkok. See the old wooden remnants of the city's oldest silent cinema, discover why this was once the entertainment district and learn about how and where Thai desserts are made.
Say goodbye to your fellow guests at the market. Your guide will help direct you back to your hotel or find transport for you should you wish. You'll leave with a deeper understanding of Thai cuisine and culture, a full belly of delicious food and memories of an old area of Bangkok that few outsiders visit.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :PALLADIUM, Phetchaburi Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand
Return Detail :Nang Loeng 1, Khwaeng Wat Sommanat, Khet Pom Prap Sattru Phai, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- You will need to be able enough to get in and out of a klong boat from the pier
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, wear comfortable shoes
- The tour departs rain or shine, so wear appropriate clothing in rainy season and bring an umbrella
- Please contact us before booking if you have dietary requirements or allergies
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.