Chartres Old Town and Cathedral Tour from Paris
Explore the charming and historic village of Chartres on your own private tour. On this 6-hour excursion you’ll explore the old town and the largest cathedral in France, the Chartres Cathedral.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Your tour guide will escort you from your hotel/apartment to Chartres
- Local, expert guide dedicated exclusively to your group
- Flexibility: you choose your start time, tour language, and meeting point
What's excluded :
- Transportation tickets to and from Chartres (RT ticket: €28 per adult)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aeon Tours, 75004 Paris France
Your tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chartres begins when your guide meets you to escort you there personally on the short 1-hour train ride from Paris. When you arrive in charming Chartres, you’ll visit this historical treasure with your guide, and explore the old town and visti France’s largest cathedral.
Stop At: Chartres Cathedral, 16 Cloitre Notre Dame, 28000, Chartres France
On your 6-hour tour of Chartres you’ll go back in time to learn about its storied Roman and Celtic history, take in the ancient granite walls that still surround the city, and visit the 12th-century cathedral that is the largest in France.
Your Chartres exploration uncovers what makes the legendary cathedral so rare and shares the sacred religious stories that are depicted throughout the cathedral in the stained glass and stone.
Stop At: La Maison Picassiette, 20 rue du Repos, 28000, Chartres France
Of course, your tour of Chartres will do much more than simply show you the cathedral. Your guide will also take you through the ancient old town, built into the hill leading to the Eure River and escort you through the historical past of the town, when it was a village of mills. It is at one of those very mills, which charmingly overlooks the old town, where you will have the wonderful opportunity to have a local lunch and refreshments if you choose, before you return to Paris.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Paris Central Hotels (75001-75020)Address: Paris Central Hotels (75001-75020)Directions: Paris Central Hotels (75001-75020)Dates: Daily, except for major holidays
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Our guides are multi-lingual, so please let us know if you have a language preference other than English. (We have guides that speak English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.