Charleston Historical Walking Tour: Pirates, Patriots, and More
Our most popular and diverse tour, A Walk Through Charleston is a comprehensive overview of Charleston history through the centuries. Charleston was founded in 1670 and quickly developed into the most cosmopolitan seaport on the continent. Come walk with us and learn about bawdy taverns & pirates, heroic patriots, the grandeur of antebellum architecture, the devastation of the Civil War, and much more. History will come alive as we stroll through the historic streets and gardens of the “Holy City”
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90-minute Walking Tour of Historic Charleston
- Professional Guide
- See some of the Charleston sites that can only be accessed on foot
- Learn about bawdy taverns & pirates, heroic patriots, antebellum architecture, Civil War and More
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nathaniel Russell House, 51 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-2536
Located in Downtown Charleston near High Battery, the Nathaniel Russell House Museum, 51 Meeting Street, is widely recognized as one of America's most important neoclassical dwellings.
Pass By: Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon, 122 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2103
Completed in 1771 as the New Exchange and Customs House, recognized today as South Carolina's most historic building. Where Patriots were imprisoned, the Constitution was ratified and George Washington was entertained.
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Located close to The Market, the Riley Waterfront Park is considered one of the area's most visited and popular parks.
Pass By: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, SC 29401-2544
One of the most popular areas in Charleston, Rainbow Row represents the longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States.
Pass By: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
White Point Gardens is a 6 acre public park located at the southern most area of The Battery.
Pass By: Pineapple Tour Group, 375 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403-6238
Charleston was founded in 1670 and quickly developed into the most cosmopolitan seaport on the continent. Start your Guided Historic Walking Tour through Charleston at the Circular Fountain located at one of Charleston's popular sites, Waterfront Park. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through this historic city and listen as your guide provides you with a comprehensive overview of Charleston throughout the centuries.
History will come alive as you listen to stories of bawdy taverns & pirates, heroic patriots, the grandeur of antebellum architecture, the devastation of the Civil War, and much more. Popular stops along this route include the Battery, Rainbow Row, Waterfront Park, Old Customs Exchange, Nathaniel Russell House, Whitepoint Garden, and St. Michael's Church.
Make sure to complete your visit to Charleston with this popular tour by booking ahead today!
Departure Point :1 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.