Chardonnay Tour & Tasting at Coppo Winery
The guided visit to the Underground Cathedrals ends with a tasting of 4 different wines that best represent Coppo’s Chardonnay production:
Clelia Coppo Spumante Brut Rosé Metodo Classico
Costebianche Chardonnay Piemonte DOC
Monteriolo Piemonte DOC Chardonnay
Monteriolo Piemonte DOC Chardonnay old vintage
per adult from
What's included :
- Greetings at the winery by the wine hospitality manager
- Tour of the underground wine cellars, a Unesco World Heritage site
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting of 4 different wines that best represent Coppo’s Chardonnay production
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Piedmont is usually associated with Nebbiolo and Barbera, less often with Chardonnay. However, Chardonnay has been present in Piedmont since the first half of the 19th-century, when a few plants from the world-famous Montrachet vineyard in France were brought to Italy under Napoleon. Coppo has always shown passion for this variety: the family used to import Chardonnay from Burgundy to Italy during the 1960s and 1970s. They also were the first to demonstrate that this popular white grape variety could do well in the area thanks to a suitable micro-climate and uniqe soil composition.
In the Chardonnay tour, you will being guided through the discovery of Piedmont’s hidden gem by tasting 3 Coppo wines. The delicacy of Clelia, a Traditional Method Spumante that is re-fermented in bottle on its own residual sugar, following the “ancestral method” (the only known technique for the production of sparkling wines in the past); the youthfulness of Costebianche, the youngest Chardonnay produced by Coppo: direct and neat. Finally, the aging potential of Monteriolo, aged on fine lees.
Departure Point :Coppo Srl, Via Alba, 68, 14053 Canelli AT, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.