Chapala Lake and Ajijic Tour from Guadalajara
Start your experience from the pick up hotel, accompanied by a certified guide, discover Chapala Lake, the largest lake in Mexico and visit the old train station with french style, building finished around 1920. Relax in Ajijic, magnificent place to enjoy the atmosphere of this magic town, named like this by the Mexican government, which makes it more interesting and unique.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round transportation
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Chapala, Mexico
We begin our tour to Chapala starting with the visit to the old station of the French facade train whose construction was completed around 1920.
To continue with the beautiful boardwalk, we walk and admire the view of the largest lake from Mexico.
By December 1955, Lake Chapala was in one of its worst droughts, that is why it is decided to take the virgin of Zapopan and make a pilgrimage looking for the miracle of the rain, as a result of this event in June 1956, it rained so much in the storm that it recovered and thanks to this miracle a thank-you mass is celebrated every year on the 1st of July.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ajijic Malecon, Ajijic Lakefront Del Paseo & Morelos, Ajijic 45920 Mexico
We will continue our visit through the Floresta, a place where foreigners are looking for retire fleeing the extreme climates of their cities.
We stop in Ajijic and free time is given to know. We board the truck and We will transfer to Piedra Barrenada, where the tourist is recommended to take the food at his expense. We conclude at the meeting point indicated by the guide and we undertake our return.
Departure Point :Plaza Turquesa del Sol, Av Mariano Otero 1917, Victoria, 45089 Zapopan, Jal., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most Guadalajara hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.