Chandragiri Hill Nature Day Hiking from Kathmandu
Most people don’t realize you can see the mighty Himalayas from the rim of the Kathmandu Valley. The Chandragiri Hill Nature Hike begins at 9.00 am with a cable car ride to the top. After a top, it is a pleasant walk along the ridge for more incredible views before the mountains before descending down an easy trail through the jungle. This is around a five-six hour adventure in the rim of Kathmandu valley.
Note: If the Cable Car is closed due to a technical problem or festival time client can take an alternate tour suggested by the local operator.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional hiking guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Inside Ringroad including Hyatt)
- One way cable car entry ticket
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
The journey begins in the morning at 8.30 am from your hotel as your guide takes you by private vehicle on a 30-minute journey to the start of the Chandragiri Hill Cable Car station from Thamel around. It is a 10-minute ride to the top as you glide in a gondola over the jungles, rising to an elevation of 2,520 meters.
At the top, take some time to gaze over the mountains or enjoy a meal at the world-class restaurant at the top (Meals are not included in the cost). From here, the trail follows the ridge for around two hours for more fantastic views of the Mighty Himalayas. At Jiban Safal, a local restaurant stop for tea and one last great view before following the trail down the hill through dense jungles with wildflowers and birds singing in the trees to Machhegaun where you will be picked by and taken back to your hotel. The total trekking time is just three hours.
The views are great, the journey wonderful and the experience truly magnificent. Allow five-six hours for this Kathmandu scenic adventure. This is the best ever experience for day hiking around Kathmandu.
• Chandragiri Hills, Thankot, Kathmandu 44619 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotel inside ringroad including Bouddha area.Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.