Challenge yourself in BA Treasure Hunt!
Born and bred "porteña" I am a Lawyer and Political Scientist from the prestigeous University of Buenos Aires.
Fortunate to have travelled around the world, I believe every time I become more in love with my country, our traditions, excentricities and people.
I have founded MATE experiences to invite visitors to fall in love with Argentina just like me: through experiences that offer adventure, reality and a superb way to access the best of what we have got: our people.
I believe tourism is an agent for enhancing world peace through breeding empathy... I invite you to hop on this idea ;)
per adult from
What's included :
- Passionate Local who is not the typical guide
What's excluded :
- Make sure your visit to Buenos Aires is pure experience! Fascinated by enigmas and treasure hunts, and living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, we decided to combine the two things, giving travelers the opportunity to discover beautiful Buenos Aires and its secrets through the game. Come and find the treasures of Buenos Aires, win a prize and a lifetime story to share with family and friends back at home!
What we will do
Starting with a small talk to get to know each other, we will show you how the game works.
You will get a map with a list of places to discover, clues to find and riddles to solve.
Buenos Aires hides corners often unknown to the porteños themselves. It is up to you to discover them and capture their secrets.
You will have to use both legs and all your brains to solve the mystery within the time frame, but the treasure will be worth it. And do not forget that, during this search, you will have the opportunity to discover those really precious "gems" of this city and its fascinating stories.
We will stay at the meeting point, waiting for you to return, to complete the adventure together, in the attempt to be the first to open the treasure chest and reveal your prize.
For the more adventurous it is an experience not to be missed!
What we will include
-Our one and only Argentine Mate for you to experiment
We’ll invite you with our MATE in a special area with a lot of Argentine history, we will talk briefly and we will present you how the experience works.
-Map of the Hunt
Each one of you will get a scavenger hunt map and everything you need. The winner will get the treasure, but the real treasure is your personal experience!
Who can come
Guests of 8 years and older can attend.
Bring your camera to record your findings!
and take some pictures, but be careful: time flies, do not be late!
Where we will be
The starting point of our visit will be in the iconic Buenos Aires neighborhood of Recoleta, where the prosperous upper class of Buenos Aires lived during the 20th century. After our presentation, the search will begin, walking through some of the most famous areas of the city, looking out for details that can not be noticed at first sight.
--- You can also try the nightly edition of the treasure hunt! The city enhances its charm at sunset: streets without so much daily chaos, dim lighting, Buenos Aires nightlife ruling the night.
DURATION 3 hours
AVAILABILITY. On request. Morning and Afternoon. Special Night Version.
Centro Cultural Recoleta
Avenida Figueroa Alcorta
Del Pilar Church
El Ateneo Grand Splendid Bookshop
Departure Point :Alvear Palace Hotel, Av. Alvear 1891, C1129 CABA, Argentina
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.