Cenotes diving Zapote and Kin Ha
Go back in time and explore the mystical Mayan underwater world !
Come discover the mysteries of these incredible caverns : stalagmites, stalactites, underwater cathedrals and breathtaking light effects through crystal clear waters.
Sacred to the Mayan people, the world-famous cenotes are only along the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. These cenotes offer a completely different world and a unique experience open to AOWD divers.
Enjoy amazing underwater world of 2 most interesting cenotes in Mexico: Zapote and Kin Ha
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- 2 tanks, weights and belt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional multilingual guide
What's excluded :
- Diving insurance (optional)
- Equipment (rental for 15 USD/day)
Zapote cenote gains its official name from the trees growing nearby. It is an incredibly beautiful water-filled sinkhole surrounded by a stunning jungle with sounds of birds. You will discover this unique giant rock formation shaped like bells whose origin is still the subject of debate.
This unusual formation is very rare, which is why divers from all over the world go there. This cenote is particularly deep and dark. At around 25 meters, you will find also a large hydrogen sulfide cloud. As you pass through this layer you will be under the overhang of the cenote walls and confronted by some of the most amazing and incredible formations imaginable.
Cenote Kin Ha is derived from a Mayan word that means “sun and water”. In this cenote, there are many formations. The ray of light enters into the cavern and illuminates the crystal-clear waters. The light effects make this dive an unforgettable experience. The dive starts from the platform which is right in the middle of the cenote and from there we follow down the wall to a moderate depth of 30 meters.
• Diversland, Calle 11 sur Local 5 Plaza Palmeiras, Playa del Carmen 77710 Mexico
Departure Point :Plaza Palmeiras, Calle 11 Sur, Ejidal, 77712 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Riviera Maya
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive (AOWD PADI or equivalent)
- Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 15 years for cenotes diving
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.