Cenote Suytun & Rio Lagartos & Las Coloradas
An unusual day full of nature. Swimming in a cenote. We will set out to search for crocodiles, and among the mangrove forests we have the chance to see the nests of about 380 species of birds.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Suytun Cenote
- Entry/Admission - Rio lagartos ecotours
- Entry/Admission - Las Coloradas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Suytun Cenote, Carretera Ticuch Km 8 S/N, Valladolid 97780 Mexico
As one of the first thing in the morning you will experience the amazing beauty of nature by swimming in this beautiful karstic well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rio lagartos ecotours, Calle 9 #113A 11 Yucatán, 97720 Río Lagartos, Yuc., Mexico
Then we will visit the Rio Lagartos Reserve. We will set out to search for crocodiles, and among the mangrove forests we have the chance to see the nests of about 380 species of birds. For anyone interested – time for Mayan Spa. Time to relax on the beach and swim in the lagoon waters.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Las Coloradas, Rio Lagartos Mexico
Drive over the pink Las Coloradas lake. Salt is a great treasure in this region. That was for thousands of years, when the ancient Maya used this area to produce very valuable salt. How do they do it?
Salty ocean water from nearby mangrove spills onto hard flat plains, forming shallow lagoons. The sun slowly evaporates, leaving fresh sea salt.
The salt was extremely important for the Mayans, both for nutritional purposes and for preserving food. It was mined here in the northern part of Yucatan, and then transported by boats to other parts of the Mayan empire.
Why is the water pink? This and more you will learn on our trip
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
any place where our guest are accommodated
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.