Celtic Spirituality Experience, Beginish & Church Islands 2 hrs
Enter another world on the remote and spectacular Church Island and Behinish Islands that are home to early ruins of the late 6th century to the early 8th century of Monks and Vikings.
Climb from the water’s edge to discover a restored 7th-century monastery, where peaceful Irish monks encountered the invasions of Vikings from the Atlantic Ocean. Journey onwards to Beginish Island to walk and explore an original Viking settlement that is surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches and views of Valentia harbour. When back on the boat, cruise onwards to spot resident seals and birdlife while enjoying the stunning landscape of the Skellig Coast.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valentia Island, Valentia Island, County Kerry
When on Church Island, guests will climb from the water’s edge to discover a unique and fully restored 7th-century Monastery. It was here on Church Island where the monks encountered the Vikings who subsequently established a settlement on Beginish Island only 200 meters away during the early 8th century. Be fully absorbed in Celtic history as your guide transports you to a time of peace and tranquility when people lived off the land in wait for the next adventure.
Our next venture into the past will take us to Beginish Island. Here you will explore the Viking Settlement surrounding the beautiful and natural brown sandy beaches touched by the Atlantic Ocean. On departing Beginish Island, you will be engrossed in some local myths and folklore of strange goings-on within these remote Islands. Here you can decide whether these tales could be true or whether they are just old island myths.
Departs from Knightstown, Valentia Island & Renard Point.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :2 Watch House Cottages, Baile an Ridire, Dairbhre, Co. Contae Chiarraí, V23 RX74, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tour is rated as medium to high intensity, with walking on rough terrain required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.