Celebration Of Inti Raymi-sun Party
The Sun, which was considered the most important deity in the Inca empire, was worshiped by the Incas; therefore, one of the most important celebrations during Inca times was that of Inti Raymi or Sun Party. A celebration to honor the god Inti (the Sun). Learn more about the Inca Culture taking part in this great celebration.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Box Lunc
What's excluded :
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
- The unique Inti Raymi or Sun Party is a religious Inca ceremony that takes place every 24th of June in Cusco – Peru. Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 7:45 am to take you on this tour. The celebration of Inti Raymi or festival of the Sun takes place in three stages: the Koricancha Temple, the Main Square, and the Sacsayhuaman Fortress.
The ceremony starts with the entrance of four armies from each part of the Inca Empire. Dancing with colorful costumes, hundred of Inca soldiers go to the gardens of the Korikancha Temple. Some minutes later the Inca Emperor, along the more important people of the nobility announce the beginning of the Inti Raymi.
In the Main Square, the Inca will perform the coca leaf ceremony to be grateful to their god: the Sun. Inca soldiers, priests and people join this ceremony. As a special moment called the Meeting of the Two Times, where the Inca emperor meets the City Major and gives him advice for the future.
Later, the ceremony takes place at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress. All the dancers come together in an amazing performance that remarks the typical dances of the Inca Empire. During the Inti Raymi, three main rituals will be done: a gratitude ritual using a golden glass with chicha (a sacred beberage made of corn), the continuing of the promess of the god Sun protecting the Inca People in the fire ceremony, and finally the Inca priest will predict the future of the Empire by inspecting the entrail of a chosen lama in the lama ceremony.
The tour ends at about 15:30 with transfer back to your hotel.
Celebration of Inti Raymi – Sun Party Tour on June 24th 2018
• 08:00 – 09:00 The first part takes place at Koricancha (Temple of the Sun)
• 10:00 – 11:30 The second part takes place at the Plaza de Armas
• 13:00 – 15:30 The last (main part) takes place at Sacsayhuaman
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- BLOQUEADOR SOLAR
- LENTES DE SOL
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.