Catania Street Food and City Tour
With this tour, you will have the best combination of culinary delight and sightseeing.
After the stops at the main spots in Catania, like the Piazza Duomo with its famous elephants-fountain and the Via Etna, you will visit the word-renowned fish market with its Mediterranean atmosphere.
You will explore the special Sicilian food during your tasting of local products, like Arancini and other specialities.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Including typical Sicilian Food tasting
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Drinks not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catania, Catania, Province of Catania, Sicily
Explore the beautiful city center of Catania (Mount Etna’s black daughter) with its baroque architecture and its special history and indulge your passion for food. With your authorized English-speaking guide, you will visit the most famous spots in Catania, like the Piazza Duomo (UNESCO World Heritage) with the famous elephants-fountain and the black lava stones. The relaxed, loud and Sicilian lifestyle will impress you, while you are walking along the main street “Via Etnea” with the old baroque buildings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catania Fish Market, 95131 Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
You will learn a lot about the traditions, the history and the typical kitchen of Catania – and therefor, what’s a better example than the world-renowned fish market “Piscaria Mercato del Pesce” in the heart of the city near Piazza Duomo.
Here you will discover the most diverse smells of the fresh fish, fruits and Mediterranean foods. The smell and the sound of the fresh catch from the various stalls have become iconic. While you are strolling through the streets you will hear the fishmongers yell out the prices. In the middle of this unique scenario you will taste the Sicilian Arancini and some other typical specialities.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Go-Etna - Mount Etna Tours - Booking Point, Via Roma, 114, 95037 San Giovanni La Punta CT, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.