CATANIA 1943: Husky operation
This tour will take visitors through a path on the edge of memory, through places in the city linked to the most important episodes of the Second World War.
A tour that will develop in two moments, a walking tour through some of the most significant places, which are still linked to the memory of the thoughtful bombings of 1943, and the visit of the interesting museum dedicated to the Allied Landing in Sicily. Here it will be possible to follow - through accurate reconstructions and a rich historical documentation, videos and videos of the time - all phases of Operation Husky and Operation Fustian.
The memory of the past becomes a moment of knowledge and education, to build a peaceful future.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- All entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Museo Storico dello Sbarco in Sicilia 1943
- Entry/Admission - Museo Diocesano Catania
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Storico dello Sbarco in Sicilia 1943, Viale Africa Piazzale Rocco Chinnici , Centro Culturale Le Ciminiere, 95129 Catania, Sicily Italy
The visit to the museum dedicated to the Allied Landing in Sicily concludes our tour, allowing you to broaden your gaze to all the allied military operations in Sicily and in particular to the Fustian operation, the battle of Simeto. An accurate historical reconstruction and a rich documentation make this museum one of the most interesting in Catania.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza Duomo, Catania, Sicily Italy
Our tour will start in the heart of the city, Piazza Duomo. Here, among the testimonies of the millennial history of the city, we will be able to dwell on an altar that bears the signs of the bombings and which after the war became a place of prayer for peace.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo Diocesano Catania, Via Etnea 8 Piazza Duomo, 95121 Catania, Sicily Italy
Opportunity to admire up close the fercolo that during the great festival dedicated to Sant'Agata carries in procession the relics of the patron saint of the city, heavily damaged by the bombings of April 16, 1943.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Anfiteatro Romano, Piazza Stesicoro Ingresso gratuito, 95124 Catania, Sicily Italy
Monument symbol of Roman Catania, the amphitheater was used during the Second World War as an air raid shelter. In the same square you can still see the remains of the church of Sant'Euplio bombed on April 16, 1943, which has become the symbol and memorial of all the victims of war and persecution.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Museo Storico dello Sbarco in Sicilia 1943, Piazzale Rocco Chinnici, 95129 Catania CT, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/5/2019 - 10/24/2021
Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Sunday: 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Return Detail :Roman Amphitheater of Catania, Piazza Stesicoro, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.