Castle Hunt & Andros History Tour
Our Castle Hunt Full Day Tour offers a unique opportunity for tourists and visitors of Andros to explore the island’s Venetian past. The Latins ruled the island from 1207 till 1566 and built three castles for protective purposes which are still surrounded by the island’s history and local folk traditions and legends. Discover the archaeological remnants of Venetian castles, marvel at their majestic views, and unlock the islands’ past through cartography, diachronic traveler’s accounts, and live historical records.
Join us in a unique guided visit to all three of them, take pictures and delve deeper into the island’s Venetian past, during this -one of a kind- day-tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Guide Tour & Historian
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Premium Snacks
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Faneromenis Castle, Ormos Korthiou Greece
Visit Faneromeni Castle and learn about the history through the eyes of a local historian.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Makrotantalo 845 01, Greece
See the ruins of Makrotantalo Castle and learn about the history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Andros 845 00, Greece
2: Gavrio, Andros, Gavrio 845 01, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
A minivan with the Explore Andros Logo will be located at the pick up point. More Details will be provided after the booking
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.