Carthage Discovery Half-Day Tour from Tunis
Visit the ancient city of Carthage, a seaside village, which overlooks the Mediterranean Sea on a half-day tour from Tunis that includes round-trip transport from your Tunis centrally located hotel. This tour takes you to 1 of Tunisia’s 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in a single day.
• Visit the Punic city of Carthage including the Port, Museum and Tophet
• Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Tunis centrally located hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Tunis centrally located hotel
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Site Archeologique de Carthage
- Entry/Admission - Tophet de Carthage
- Entry/Admission - Carthage Museuma
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in other cities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Site Archeologique de Carthage, Carthage Tunisia
Start your day with pickup at your Tunis hotel. Make the 25-minute trip to Carthage in a comfortable, air-conditioned car, and spot some of Tunisia’s most exclusive villas along the way. Explore the city with your professional guide, taking in ancient landmarks with sweeping views of the surrounding coastline. Carthage was famously destroyed by the Romans in 146 BC, but excavations have revealed five-story homes, sewage systems, and the remains of city walls that once stretched 21 miles (34 km) across Byrsa Hill.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tophet de Carthage, Rue de Hannibal, Carthage 7016 Tunisia
Discover the Tophets at the center of one of the most contentious archaeological debates surrounding the region of northern Africa that was once part of the ancient Carthaginian Empire. The enigmatic ancient cemeteries are believed to have been used for the ritual sacrifice of children and animals.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Carthage Museuma, Byrsa Hill, Carthage 2016 Tunisia
Housed at the turn of the last century on the ground floor of a scolasticate of Catholic religious, adjacent to the Saint-Louis basilica built at the end of the XIXth century on the site of the Carthage acropolis, this museum contains the largest collection of objects from the site of Carthage and covers the Phoenician-Punic, the Roman-African and the Arab-Moslem periods.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Punic Ports & Museum, Rue 2 de Mars, Carthage 2016 Tunisia
Today, only the shape of these legendary ports, the coveted basis of Carthage’s power and prosperity, remains. A narrow channel linked the southern, oblong merchant port to the northern circular naval port. This arrangement meant that the military port was hidden from outside, but the Carthaginian navy could see out to sea. The military base had moorings for an incredible 220 vessels in dry docks and around the quay-lined edge. The 7-hectare commercial port was bordered by quays and warehouses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotel or location in TunisAirports
- Carthage Airport, Tunis Tunisia
- Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, La Goulette, Tunisia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.