Carska bara Bike Tour
HIGHLIGHTS – CARSKA BARA
• Special nature reserve on the Ramsar list
• International Bird Area Project
• Popular for bird watching
• Protection of Unesco
• Castle Ečka
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Carska Bara, meaning the Imperial Pond is the largest individual pond in Serbia. It is located in Banat, some 70km north of Belgrade, just south of city of Zrenjanin. Legend says notorious Atilla the Hun (5th century king of the Hunnic Empire) was buried in the pond with great treasure, and pond’s name reflect that. Another story says the name “Imperial” came from the fact the pond used to be a hunting area for Austro-Hungarian emperors.
With its extremely rich ecosystem and special biodiversity, with some 240 bird species, biking in this authentic “mosaic” network of ponds, rivers, channels, wetlands, steppe and forest ecosystems, represents exceptional experience. Entire system consists of three smaller, connected ponds (Carska, Perleska and Tiganjica) and our tour will take you to all of them. The ground is flat, so the tour is attractive even for beginner bikers.
Please note in order not to disturb birds the pond authorities do not allow bike riding directly by the Pond, so we will go around it and next to it, enjoying the spectacular biodiversity of the area. You can always park your bike at the entrance, and take a walk inside the park, on the marked pathways, or take a boat ride. There are also a couple of very nice restaurants in the vicinity for taking a brake. Our tour will also take you to the nearby Castle Ečka, built in the 1820.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at the address you give us.NOTE. Leave the address during the reservation process.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum 2 people is required for the tour realization
- Let us know if you have health restrictions or restricitions in diet
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.