Carnivore Feeding Tour
Get out of the city and experience the chance to see the predators up close. These animals are known as 'ambassador' animals. Unable to be released back into the wild for a number of reasons, these animals now call N/a'ankuse home, and allow N/a'ankuse to educate tourists and locals alike all about their habits and behaviours whilst taking some photos from up close.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary, Windhoek Namibia
This half day Carnivore Feeding tour includes the opportunity to see baboons, caracals, lions, cheetahs, wild dogs and leopards. These animals are known as "ambassador animals", which means they are unable to be released back into the wild for different reasons.
This half day Carnivore Feeding tour includes the opportunity to see baboons, caracals, lions, cheetahs, wild dogs and leopards. These animals are known as "ambassador animals", which means they are unable to be released back into the wild for different reasons. Some have been rescued from life as pets, some injured and no longer able to hunt for themselves, and some have been relocated as they were problem animals in the areas where they were found. N/a’an ku se works hard to try and bridge the problems that occur between the local farmers and the resident wildlife. Thus they work hard to track, monitor and move (when necessary) predators that otherwise face the danger of being hunted by farmers when they prey on livestock.
This half day tour allows you to watch as the animals are being fed by the experienced guides as well as a chance to get some spectacular photos of these majestic animals. It is followed by a scenic drive that provides a good chance of spotting some of the other wildlife on the reserve. This is not just a great way to learn about these amazing animals and how they behave in the wild, but it is also a great up close photo opportunity.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any centrally located accommodation in Windhoek
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.