Carnaval Experience - Behind the Scenes of Rios Carnival in the City of Samba
Experience the creation of Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival from an insider’s perspective: visit the City of Samba, enter the Grande Rio’s Samba Factory, learn about the history of Samba and Carnival parades, understand the production of floats and costumes, and feel the samba fever with an authentic carnival costume, a samba class, and a Brazilian welcome drink!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour with transportation via air-conditioned van
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Costumes to wear and photograph
- Basic samba class
- Welcome drink – caipirinha, juice, or water
- Professional guide with live tour commentary in English and Portuguese (on site only).
- Roundtrip transportation from South Zone (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon and Leme) hotels
- Entry/Admission - Carnaval Experience
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cidade Do Samba, Rua Rivadavia Correia 60 Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20220-290 Brazil
Visit the City of Samba, the headquarters of the most important Samba Schools in Rio de Janeiro.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Carnaval Experience, Avenida Binário do Porto - Entrada Principal da - Cidade do Samba - Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22132-503, Brazil
Enter the Grande Rio Samba Factory and discover the behind the scenes of Rio's Carnival scene. See the production of floats and costumes, the exhibition room, wear and photograph authentic costumes from previous editions and try some basic samba steps.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2: Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3: Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4: Leme, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5: Pier Mauá, Av. Rodrigues Alves, 10 - Praça Mauá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20081-250, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotels in Rio de Janeiro's South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon & São Conrado).Return point: Hotels in Rio de Janeiro's South Zone (Copacabana, Leme, Ipanema, Leblon & São Conrado).Ports
- Pier Mauá - Armazém 4 | Pier Mauá - Warehouse 4
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please inform the name of your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary, provided they do not occupy a seat
- This tour operates rain or shine
- Roundtrip transportation available from South Zone (Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme) hotels via air-conditioned van.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Tours serão operados com capacidade reduzida à 50%
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.