Carara National Park and Crocodile River Cruise
From October to April, you will be able to observe ospreys, gulls, cormorants, pelicans, and frigates. The Tarcoles River acts as a refuge for over 60 species of birds, including scarlet macaws.
Naturalist combo for birdwatchers and wildlife lovers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
We will drive about 25 minutes from Jaco to the Carara National Park. This incredible protected area measures more than 11,600 acres and is home to 48% of the species of birds in Costa Rica. This tour highlights the importance of the region, since it is in a transition zone between the dry tropical forest of the North Pacific and the tropical rainforest of the South Pacific.
Carara is filled with the color species of flora and fauna of this diversified ecosystem. The sanctuary is home to countless birds and animals, including white-faced and howler monkeys, iguanas, toucans, and trogons, not to mention the highlight of the park; the scarlet macaws.
After this breathtaking nature walk, we will take a boat ride in the famous Tarcoles River. This unique experience will allow you to observe enormous crocodiles and other wildlife found in this important habitat.
Our boat captain will locate the largest crocodiles for you and lead you to encounter these magnificent reptiles up close. You will be surprised by the variety of mammals, birds, and reptiles that inhabit these wetlands. Depending on the season of your visit, you will also enjoy migratory birds.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.