Carara National Park
Location: Tarcoles 25 min, drive north of Jaco
Length of the Tour: Half day
Pick Up Time: 7:00 am
Min. People: 2
Includes: Park entrance fee, Transportation round trip, bilingual naturalist guide, bottle of water.
Recommendations: Comfortable clothes, sneakers, sun glasses, bugs repellent and camera.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carara National Park, Tarcoles, Garabito Municipality Costa Rica
Guided tour to the Carara National Park, conservation area of Carara lies 15 miles north of Jaco. The park protects the river basin of the River Tárcoles, near Orotina and includes one of the largest remaining populations of wild Scarlet Macaw in the country. Also contains more primary rain forest than the relatively close Manuel Antonio National Park. The dense tree growth makes Carara a haven for many bird species, and the park is a popular bird watching destination. In addition to Scarlet Macaws, birds found in Carara include orange-chinned parakeets and other parrots, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, motmots, jacamars, manakins, ant birds, and several species of trogon, including the black-throated trogon. Several species of water birds inhabit the park as well. These include the anhinga, several species of heron, several species of egret and kingfishers.
Departure Point :Jaco Beach
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.