Caracol Maya Ruins Tour Including Rio On Pools, Rio Frio Cave and a Picnic Lunch
Adventure through Belize on this tour of the Maya Ruins in the ancient city of Caracol. This guided tour explores jungle archaeological sites including pyramid temples, plazas and monuments. Journey to the Mountain Pine Ridge with stops at Rio On Pools and Rio Frio Cave for a refreshing swim in the crystal waters. Enjoy a homemade Belizean style picnic lunch with soft drinks and rum punch. This tour includes guide, entrance fees, lunch with drinks and round-trip transportation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Picnic lunch with a drink
- Rum punch
- Round-trip transportation
- Entry/Admission - The Maya Ruins of Caracol
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve, 24 km southeast of San Ignacio Western Belize Belize
We embark on a 1.5-hour drive from our office up rough dirt roads and through small Maya Villages and scenic countryside.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rio Frio Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge Area Belize
Rio Frio cave is a must see cave while in Belize especially if you are looking for a reduced mobility cave to explore This amazing cave has the largest cave entrance in Belize and was once a sacred burial site for the ancient Maya.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Maya Ruins of Caracol, 65 km south of San Ignacio Belize
Revel at the engineering and architectural sophistication of the Maya people as you climb up the temple pyramid structure of Caana (Sky Temple), the highest man-made building in Belize still to this day. Once at the top, nearly 135 feet above the plazas, you will get impressive panoramic views of Belize and neighboring Guatemala.
Caracol is a major and dominant site in Maya history. It is a fantastic site to visit, and it is an expansive city covering nearly 80 square miles and rivaling the ancient metropolis of Tikal in size, power and riches. The histories of the inhabitants of Caracol are documented by scribes of the past in hieroglyphics and carvings on the monuments, stelas, and altars that are found throughout the site.Your guide will illuminate the rich and complicated past of this glorious civilization with a fully guided tour of the excavated portions of the Caracol site.
You might get lucky and see a family of howler monkeys in the trees over the ancient Maya ball-courts.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rio On Pools, Augustine Belize
After touring the ruins, refresh yourself with drinks and a picnic lunch. We then continue back through the Pine Ridge area where we take a break at the Rio On Pools, a series of natural swimming holes, to cool down and relax in the clear water.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :19 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups from all locations in Belize can be arranged. There may be an additional charge so please contact us if pick up is needed. . Departure Point for most tours: Downtown San IgnacioAddress: MayaWalk Tours Main Office19 Burns AvenueSan Ignacio TownCayo DistrictBelize, Central AmericaDirections: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize BankReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate
- What to bring: Hiking sandals or trainers, towel, small backpack, liter of water, bug spray, snacks, swim wear with shorts, camera
- There is no minimum age. All are welcomed
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.