Captain Cook’s (Kealakekua Bay) Afternoon Snorkel
If you are new to or have never snorkeled before this is the ideal choice! Particularly good for families with younger children or swimmers who aren’t certain if they are “sea worthy” enough for one of our longer trips.
This trip is much slower paced and affords guests time to become more familiar and comfortable with the exciting and beautiful sport of snorkeling. Our crew will be happy to help you adjust your mask, fins ad snorkel and help you become comfortable viewing the tropical fish while using a flotation assistance device we call a “Noodle”. You'll even watch for dolphins and whales along the way!
per adult from
What's included :
- Sightseeing along coast of sea caves & lava tubes
- Historical narration of Captain Cook's fate at Kealakekua Bay
- Snacks, fruit, juices and bottled water
- Flotation Aids
What's excluded :
- Please bring towel and cover-up
- Use reef safe sunscreen (zinc based is recommended- no oxybenzone and octinoxate. lotion, no spray)
For those who want to sleep in a bit, we offer an afternoon trip to snorkel at Captain Cook’s Monument. Check-In for this adventure is 12:15 PM for a more relaxed adventure to the best snorkel spot along the coast, Kealakekua Bay!
Kealakekua Bay is home to the famous Captain Cook's monument and is a well-known historical site and underwater marine sanctuary. The large bay is situated so as to ensure calm (lake-like) waters year round. You will see 100’s of different varieties of tropical fish, and maybe an occasional “Honu” (Hawaiian green sea turtle) or reef shark.
This adventure provides guests with snorkeling, as well as cultural, and environmental information relevant to the island of Hawai’i and its history. Along with the snorkeling and history your captain will show you several spectacular, unique volcanic geological phenomena including sea caves and lava tubes.
So sleep in, grab a cup of joe, some brunch and then join us for a fun afternoon on the water. Don't forget your camera!
• Dolphin Discoveries, 78-7138 Kaleiopapa St Keauhou Bay, Boat Launch Ramp, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
Departure Point :78-7138 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :12:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged under 6
- not recommended for adults over 75
- Must be comfortable swimming in the ocean.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Electronic Waiver required to be signed prior to tour
- Most travelers can participate
- Must be under 285 lbs
- Must be able to climb up a letter to get back in the boat
- Not recommended for travelers with neck problems
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.