Cappadocia Valleys and Underground City
This tour begins with a visit to Rose Valley, one of the most beautiful trekking valleys in Cappadocia, and explore the famous rock- cut churches by hiking through the valley. Rest in Çavuşın, an old Greek village, known for its Christian houses and churches. After having time for lunch visit Ortahısar Castle, similar to Uchisar Castle in style, where storage caves can also be observed. In the afternoon visit Kaymakli Underground City where early christians lived in fear and faith. On the way back visit to panoramic Pıgeon Valley where pigeons contributed to the lives of locals with their manure to fertilize the wineyards. You may also like to taste Cappadocia wine in a local winery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Devrent Valley
- Entry/Admission - Kaymakli Underground City
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cappadocia, Cappadocia
The region of Cappadocia is located in the middle of a once-active volcanic area of central Anatolia. Millions of years ago three of its mountains - Erciyes, Hasandağ and Güllüdağ - were active volcanoes; indeed this activity persisted intermittently at least into the Neolithic period according to the prehistoric paintings.
The volcanic eruptions were so strong that in some places the lava was up to 150m in thickness. Over many millions of years, volcanoes, wind, rain and ice sculpted the region which we now know as Cappadocia. As the landscape was eroded, basalt stones remained and formed conical structures with some reaching as high as 45m.
The local people referred to these unique rock formations "fairy chimneys", a name that has endured throughout the ages. If nature was the first artist to arrange the decor, it was Anatolian man who carved the rock and built houses, churches and over 250 underground cities out of it over the centuries.
Stop At: Cavusin, Cavusin, Cappadocia
Çavuşin, located 2km from Göreme, is one of the oldest inhabited places in the region and the fresco scenes of Çavuşin church are distinctive because of their unusual compositions. Abandoned cave village of Çavuşin is one o the remarkable spots in Cappadocia where visitors enjoy the beauty of nature.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Devrent Valley, Devrent Mevkii No:1 Urgup Yolu, 50500 Turkey
Unlike other valleys, Devrent Valley has neither cave churches nor Roman palaces or tombs. It was never actually inhabited. What makes this lovely area is different from its lunar surface. Therefore we call moonscape Cappadocia. The Devrent Valley is only a 10-minute drive from Goreme, revealing many different rock formations. By their strange looks, the small fairy chimneys in the valley create a lunar scenery. There are also numerous animal rocks in the valley. It looks like a natural zoo of sculptures. Camel, snake, seal and dolphin are some of the most significant forms of animals if you like. Let your imagination free and you'll find many others. You may even spot a pillar of rock formation that tells you the Virgin Mary holds Jesus Christ.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ortahisar, Ortahisar, Cappadocia
On the Nevsehir - Urgup road you can't miss Ortahisar and its rock carved fortress. The churches in the Balkan Valley are some of the oldest in the Goreme region. In the neighbouring Hallac Valley, the Hallac Monastery displays decorations from the 10th and the 11th centuries. North of Ortahisar, the Kizilçukur Valley is breathtakingly beautiful especially at sunset. In the valley is the 9th century Uzumlu church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kaymakli Underground City, Derinkuyu Turkey
Kaymakli, one the largest and most important underground cities in Cappadocia, has all the accommodation needed for a community to live underground. The multipurpose rooms and halls are connected to one another by narrow corridors. Turkey's Cappadocia region is famous for its subterranean safe cities carved from soft tuff. These underground cities, which are among the most interesting cultural richness of Cappadocia, take tourists from all over the world on a mysterious journey every year. The underground cities in Cappadocia, interconnected by corridors, were used as hiding places by Christians in the 7th century. These subterranean cities were self-sufficient cities with granaries, stables, rooms, kitchens and ventilation systems. The most famous underground cities uncovered until now around Cappadocia are found in Derinkuyu, Kaymakli, Tatlarin, Ozkonak, Mazi and Ozluce. Derinkuyu Underground City and Kaymakli Underground City were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1985.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pigeon Valley, Uchisar KasabasI Nevşehir Kapadokya, Goreme 50240 Turkey
The visit to the Valley of Guvercinlik is an excellent idea. Distance 4 kilometres to Goreme from Uchisar. There was insufficient land for agriculture for local residents of this area. They wanted to farm with high-energy lava fertiliser and dug many lava lavas at the slopes of the valley. They open the lava bucket once a year and gather the fertiliser from the pigeon bird. The most beautiful shape of the valley is the top of Uchisar 's historic castle. Well, Guvercinlik Valley, that famous for its colourful hot air balloons, is one of the best places to visit in Cappadocia. Every year millions of tourists visit the area and dream of visiting Cappadocia as a city of fantasy and legend. Yes, your dreams will come true here in this lovely region. The Guvercinlik Valley is combined with the interesting history and history of the Guvercinlik Valley which is named after a pigeon and which, from the past to the present, continues to be called "Pigeon."
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for the best hygiene practice.- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and let the lobby that you are expecting a tour guide.- Comfortable shoes are advised- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.- Guests must contact Deren Koray Tourism at least 24 hours before your product date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation. Please use the contact details on your confirmation/voucher.- Upon pickup, please present your confirmation/voucher and photo ID in exchange for your product.Airports
- Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport, Tuzköyü, Nevşehir Kapadokya Havaalanı Girişi, 50900 Gülşehir/Nevşehir, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/5/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.