Cappadocia Highlights Private Guided Tour
Make the most of your time in Cappadocia and avoid the hassle of planning how to get from point A to point B, with this one day private tour of the highlights of area with your own vehicle and licensed, English-speaking tour guide, handpicked by us for their local knowledge. You'll be picked up from your hotel and then driven to a vantage point to enjoy a panoramic view of Cappadocia's surreal, lunar-like landscape. You'll then start to explore local highlights such as Kaymakli Underground City, built by early Christians escaping persecution, Uchisar Castle, and Goreme Open Air Museum with its tiny rock-cut churches and frescoes. Finish off the day with a demonstration of traditional pottery making in the nearby town of Avanos.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking, licensed tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by modern, air-conditioned private vehicle
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- You will be picked up from your hotel by your tour guide and driver, then driven to a vista point overlooking Goreme where your tour guide will give you an overview of the rich history of Cappadocia and its unique rock formations. From the panoramic view point, we will continue on to the biggest underground city in the area, Kaymakli. Here you will be amazed as your guide explains how early Christians carved this, and other underground cities to hide from enemies. You'll see stables, wineries, places for worship, living quarters, ventilation shafts and more.
Your next stop will be Uchisar Castle, the biggest rock-cut castle in the region, built during the Byzantine Empire, and with many rooms hollowed out from the rock.
Lunch will be at one of the area's best traditional restaurants, although please note that the cost of lunch is deliberately not included in the price to allow you more flexibility to choose which local delicacies you would like to try.
After your lunch break, you will visit the highlight of Cappadocia – the UNESCO World Heritage-listed, Goreme Open Air Museum. As you explore this site, your guide will explain the meanings of frescoes covering the walls of the thousand-year-old cave churches.
Our last stop of the day is in Avanos, a picturesque town on the banks of the Kizilirmak River. Famous for its pottery for more than 4,000 years - since Hittite times, you will see a kick-wheel pottery demonstration and have the opportunity to try your hand at this traditional craft. You will arrive back at your hotel around 4pm.
Departure Point :Cappadocia / Goreme Hotels
Departure Time :Flexible
Please confirm time you wish to depart
Return Detail :Cappadocia / Goreme Hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.