Cape Town City Historical Tour
We visit and see every important tourist attraction that Cape Town has to offer literally in one day, ideal and especially for tourists with time constraints
Warm water proof clothing in winter is a must though even in the middle of summer it can get very cold on top of Table Mountain and suntan lotion is recommended.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cost of Cable Car up and down Table Mountain, Cost of all entrance fees to Museums
- Entry/Admission - Table Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Castle of Good Hope
- Entry/Admission - District Six Museum
- Entry/Admission - Noon Day Gun
- Entry/Admission - Bo-kaap
- Entry/Admission - Company's Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
What's excluded :
- Lunches additional alcohol, drinks coffee and tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Table Mountain being the backdrop of this tour and includes taking the cable car up to the summit of Table Mountain for arguably one of the most magnificent sights of a city and Cape Peninsula in the world
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Castle of Good Hope, Corner of Buitenkant and Strand streets, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
The historic Castle, Cape Town’s oldest building and initially a fort with an extraordinary history having served as the seat of government and military operations for over two century`s including being the gallows for a period in time.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: District Six Museum, 25A Buitenkant Street, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
The District 6 Museum was established in 1994 to commemorate the forcible removal of its occupants by the then apartheid government in 1965 declaring the area a “white – only” zone, and still remains a festering sore to this day.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Noon Day Gun, Military Road Signal Hill, Cape Town Central South Africa
Signal Hill and the firing of the Noon Gun which has been a part of Cape Town’s history since the 18th century and was used as a look out for enemy ships as well as a time piece for the burgers of Cape Town, it also alerted farmers that a ship was about to anchor in the harbor where they could sell their wares, fruit, vegetables and fresh meat
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bo-kaap, Cape Town Central South Africa
The Bo-Kaap,originally the home of the Malay Quarters and today is the prominent housing complex or suburb of the original Cape Malays and represents mostly the Moslem Community. We visit the Bo-Kaap Museum and take a walk about.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Company's Gardens, 19 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
The Company Gardens for lunch at the Company Gardens Restaurant, after lunch we visit the Slave Lodge with its sad reminder of mans cruelty and inhumanity to man, followed by a look in at the magnificent St. Georges Cathedral and then we walk to Green Market Square the historical square in the center of Old Cape Town built in 1696 where a burgher watch house was erected, over the years it has served as a slave market, vegetable market, parking lot and now a flea market, from their we take a walk past the Groot kerk and through the Company Gardens exploring approximately 368 years of Cape Town’s existence, the Houses of Parliament, S.A. Museum ending our tour at the Jewish Halo Cast Museum a very sad but must see.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, 19 Dock Road, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
V & A Waterfront to visit the Chavonnes Battery Museum if time allows, alternatively for sundowners while watching the ships coming in and out of the harbor
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We collect clients from any designated address in Cape Town and surrounding area including Cape Town International Airport and Cape Town HarborAirports
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- Cape Town Harbor
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.