Cape Town Birding Trip - Private Nature Tour
There is so much beauty on the Cape Peninsula, including excellent birdlife, and any visit to Cape Town should include a day exploring the best birdwatching sites such as the Strandfontein Sewage Works! We are Cape Town locals with a love for the natural environment and we'll leave you satisfied beyond expectations after a day in the field!
- A former nature conservationist turned guide will lead the excursion
- We are locals who have grown up on the Cape Peninsula
- We are flexible on the day and can adjust the tour to your interests
- You will get to a couple quieter corners, albeit still experiencing the top Cape Peninsula birdwatching sites
- Our knowledge of the natural environment adds huge value to your experience
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water - 500ml water
- Entry/Admission - Rondevlei Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- - National Park gate fees at Boulders Beach (R160 adult /R80 child under 12)
- - National Park gate fee at Cape of Good Hope/Cape Point (R320 adult / R160 child under 12)
- Lunch - We'll stop at a local cafe to order a sandwich to have as a picnic lunch. This can be discussed with the guide. Lunch, coffee, etc. is for your own account.
- - Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden entrance fee: R75 per adult
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point
- Entry/Admission - Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
We visit the main Boulders Beach Penguin Colony viewing decks within the Table Mountain National Park which a few thousand African Penguins call home. A walk along Willis Walk to the main swimming beach is something you'll do and in summer a swim here is wonderful!
National Park gate fee: R160 per adult, R80 per child (under 12)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Point, Table Mountain National Park South Africa
We drive into the Cape of Good Hope section of the Table Mountain National Park en route to Cape Point where the lighthouses are located. We'll walk up to the view sites overlooking this historic and dramatic corner keeping a keen eye for coastal birds such as Cape Cormorants.
National Park gate fees: R320 per adult, R160 per child (under 12)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Although we'll touch on the Cape of Good Hope 'proper' while in the Cape Point vicinity we'll be driving to a few different sites within the Cape of Good Hope section of the Table Mountain National Park. We visit an excellent coastal birding spot and we'll spend time at the rustic hide to tick off 10-15 species including African Black Oystercatchers and the Common Ostrich. We'll look out for larger wildlife here such as Bontebok, Eland, Chacma Baboons and Cape Clawless Otters among others.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rondevlei Nature Reserve, Cape Town Central South Africa
We visit Rondevlei, part of the False Bay Nature Reserve on the Cape Flats which affords excellent birding at the wetlands.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Strandfontein, Strandfontein, Western Cape
The Sewage Works at Strandfontein offers some of the best birding around Cape Town and we'll drive around the site to tick off a number of interesting bird species including Greater Flamingos.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Rhodes Drive, Newlands 7735 South Africa
A visit to the iconic Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden will only be done if time permits for an opportunity to see birds such as Orange-breasted Sunbirds (a fynbos endemic),Olive Thrush and the resident Spotted eagle-owls.
Entrance fee for adults: R75 pp
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform us of your hotel in the Cape Town city centre for pick up.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- On this PRIVATE excursion the focus is on getting into nature: fresh air, open spaces and low risk. As it is a private tour it will be interaction with a single guide through the day, in a single vehicle. Wearing of a mask such as a Buff is ideal when close up. There will be sanitizer available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.