Cape Sounion Private Sunset Tour From Athens With Seaside Dinner
Gaze one of the most majestic sunsets in Greece with a private trip to Cape Sounion. After your private pick up by luxury car or mini van, relax and travel along the scenic Saronic Gulf, all the way from Athens Riviera to the cape and listen to your driver sharing tips and insights. Admire the temple of Poseidon, which sits atop a sheer sea cliff and was a sacred site in the ancient world. Absorb the unique views across the Aegean and take unique photos. After, taste the delightful Greek dishes in a picturesque seaside tavern with great view of the illuminated Temple of Poseidon. As you return, you can enjoy a delicious waffle with ice cream that only locals know.
You get to admire stunning Archeological Sites.
Admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine.
100% personalized tour. No prearranged fixed tour.
Taste local cuisine and hear stories about the visited sites.
Private English speaking driver sharing tips.
Extra stop for ice cream.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - Visit a nearby tavern and taste Greek delightful dishes.Try the well-known Greek “mezedes” and enjoy a good wine (1 main course p.p, appetizer, salad, drinks, included).
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation by luxury car or mini van
- Culinary Welcome Gift
- English speaking Driver sharing tips
- Extra stop for ice cream
What's excluded :
- Entrance Tickets ( Temple of Poseidon) 8€ per person
- Tour Guide in Archeological sites.
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Set out to a private sunset day trip to Cape Sounion. Our trip starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see several islands). Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site you are set to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. Similarly, when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before having your dinner in a scenic, nearby seafront tavern.
Absorb the far-reaching views over the Aegean and take unique photos. On your way back, enjoy a delicious waffle with ice cream that only locals know.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can Pick Up From All Athens Hotels & Airbnb's.Due to the fact that sunset is at different time per month please note that pick up is as follows :April , May, August at about 18:00June, July at about 18:30September at about 17:30October at about 17:00November at about 15:00Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Port
- Rafina Port
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.