Take a half-day tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. Pass idyllic beaches as you leave Athens for some of the most gorgeous ruins of Ancient Greece. Your fun guide will fill you in on the history of Greece as you look out over Poseidon's sea!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up & drop off
- English Speaking Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance Fees
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon - Sounio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon - Sounio, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00, Greece
You begin your tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of the most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) of Athens. Once there you will visit the 5th century B.C. TEMPLE of POSEIDON with one of the most breath-taking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). The precipice is a sheer 197-foot drop to the sea. Sounion is a wonderful choice for a half day trip from Athens, and is a world-famous spot at sunset.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed location- Extra charges apply for Piraeus Hotels.Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Dates that the tour does not operate are : National Public Holidays 1 Jan Sun New Year's Day -6 Jan Fri Epiphany -27 Feb Mon Orthodox Ash Monday-25 Mar Sat Independence Day-14 Apr Fri Orthodox Good Friday-16 Apr Sun Orthodox Easter Sunday-17 Apr Mon Orthodox Easter Monday-1 May Mon Labour Day-4 Jun Sun Orthodox Pentecost-5 Jun Mon Orthodox Whit Monday-15 Aug Tue Assumption Day-28 Oct Sat Ochi Day-25 Dec Mon Christmas Day-26 Dec Tue 2nd Day of Christmas
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.