Cape Sounio & Temple of Poseidon Sunset Tour
Visit the temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
Sunset guided tour to the majestic Cape Sounion
Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
Watch the breathtaking sunset with a glass of wine in hand
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Professional and licenced guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up / drop off service
- One glass of wine per adult
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Our tour starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride with your luxury air conditioned bus you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). One of its columns has a graffiti left by none other than lord Byron in the early 1800s. Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Sounio, Sounio, East Attica Region, Attica
Visit to Cape Sounio
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Bus Tours will not consist of more than 25 people per group. Audio devices are given to keep social distance inside archaeological sites and museums Whispers are sanitized both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights sanitizer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.