Cape Point Tour
Made famous by Vasco de Gama who was the first to map this iconic spot on the world map, yet it was Bartholomew Dias that arrived t/here first.
Also known as El cabo de Esperanza - *Cape of Good Hope and Cape of Storms, because of the rough seas that has caused over 60 ships to be wrecked along this coast.
The tour departs from the City of Cape, a breath taking drive along the coast via the scenic Chapman’s Peak drive.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Africa Afrika Tours and Transfers
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Africa Afrika Tours and Transfers, Cape Town Central South Africa
Named the ‘Cape of Storms’ by Bartolomeu Dias in 1488; the ‘Point’ was treated with respect by sailors for centuries. By day, it was a navigational landmark and by night, and in fog, it was a menace beset by violent storms and dangerous rocks that over the centuries littered shipwrecks around the coastline.
In 1859 the first lighthouse was completed; it still stands at 238 metres above sea-level on the highest section of the peak and is now used as the centralised monitoring point for all the lighthouses on the coast of South Africa. Access to this historical building is by an exhilarating three-minute ride in the wheelchair-accessible Flying Dutchman funicular that transfers visitors from the lower station at 127 metres above sea-level, to the upper station.
Cape Point is in the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve within Table Mountain National Park, which forms part of the Cape Floral Region, a World Heritage Site. It includes the majestic Table Mountain chain, which stretches from Signal Hill to Cape Point, and the coastlines of the Cape Peninsula. This narrow stretch of land, dotted with beautiful valleys, bays and beaches, contains a mix of extraordinarily diverse and unique fauna and flora.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Tour is suitable for Smaller groups upto 15pax. Allentrance fees are not included.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.