Cape Peninsula Tour from Cape Town
See all the top sights along South Africa’s Cape Peninsula on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Learn about the region from your expert guide. Take an optional boat trip to Duiker Island in Hout Bay (time permitting and for own account). Spend time at leisure in Cape Point Nature Reserve and visit Simon’s Town on the peninsula’s east coast – home to a colony of African penguins (entrance for own account)! On the drive back you will have time to stop for a walk at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Cape of Good Hope
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Visit to Boulders Beach penguin colony
- Optional Duiker Island / Seal island boat ride in Hout Bay (time permitting)
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hout Bay, Cape Town Central 7872 South Africa
Local arts a crafts available / Comfort stop. Optional duiker island boat ride available.
NB: should guests decide not to do the boat ride optional, the time at Hout Bay harbour may be reduced.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Rhodes Drive, Newlands 7735 South Africa
Enjoy a short walking tour of the Gardens
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
Visit the Penguin colony
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Town Central South Africa
Cape Point Nature Reserve, comprising over 17,300 acres of indigenous fauna and flora. Here we can see a variety of wildlife that includes baboons, Reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland. The reserve is also one of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. Bird-watchers, too, will find many fine species to observe.
**NB: timing depends where the Lunch stop is.***
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
The Cape of Good Hope is a rocky headland on the Atlantic coast of the Cape Peninsula
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, 1 Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
Should your Hotel not be listed, please contact us so we can confirm if we would be able to pick up and drop off from your hotel. Should guests meet at the starting point, guests are to contact us 24 hours prior to departure in order ffor us to provide collection time.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 guests
- On certain days, Chapmans Peak Drive may be closed. On these days the tour will travel via Ou Kaapse Weg
- Please note: tour operates half in English and half in German from Sundays to Fridays
- Children up to the ages of 3 years are required to sit in a car seat. Car seats subject to availability at the time of booking. Parents are welcome to bring their own car seat.
- Guests will be contacted the day prior with collection time.
- Should we not recieve pick up and drop off details, guests are to contact 48 hours prior and notify us of collection and drop off details.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cullinan Guided Journeys strictly follow the SA Government approved TBCSA Health and Safety COVID-19 Protocols. Should guests present COVID-19 symptoms, COVID testing and quarantine will be at their own cost. We recommend that you ensure that your guests take adequate personal travel insurance cover before departure from home.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- * Guests to bring along own face mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.