Cape Coast Guided Day Tour
Visit Cape Coast Castle and Kakum National Park on a full-day tour from Accra that includes pickup and drop-off at your hotel and all entrance fees. Learn about the history of slavery in Ghana as you explore the 17th-century ‘slave castle’ that’s now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, then follow hiking trails and a suspended canopy walkway through Kakum’s lush, coastal forest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local Driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kakum National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Begin with pickup at your hotel in Accra, then travel southwest along the coast to the Cape Coast Castle, a 2.5-hour trip. Upon arrival at the castle, start exploring with a guide, who will share the tragic history of the moving site. Cape Coast Castle is one of roughly 40 “slave castles” along West Africa’s Gold Coast, and was the final stop for some enslaved Africans on the “middle passage” trading route to the Americas. Visiting the castle, dungeons, and individual cells with a guide offers insight into the conditions that enslaved Africans faced, and into the dark history of slavery in Africa.
After the Cape Coast Castle tour, continue to Kakum National Park, a coastal forest that’s home to hundreds of bird species, a remarkable population of forest elephants, and endangered animals that include the giant bongo antelope, Diana monkey, and yellow-backed duiker. Follow a hiking trail to the park’s 1,150-foot (350-meter) canopy walkway, a series of seven bridges linking enormous trees, and listen to the sound of tropical bird song in the surrounding forest.
Throughout the walk, your guide will help explain the social, cultural, and medicinal significance of the plants and trees you see, and help spot wildlife at the edge of the trail. Following the canopy walkway, begin the return trip to Accra, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Accra
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.