Cape Coast Castle And Elmina Castle Tour
This is a day trip to Cape Coast Castle is a UNESCO World Heritage site built by the British in 1665 and serves as a commemorating sad history inflicted on Africa and Ghana in particular and also visit the Elmina Castle.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- All entry/admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
Cape Coast Castle is a European-built fortress situated on the central coastline of Ghana. Since its initial construction in 1652, the Castle served as a trading post for European nations and as the headquarters of British colonial administration for the Gold Coast Colony. Today the Castle is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
St. George Castle, also known as Elmina castle, is located in Central Region of Ghana, about a 3.5 hour drive along the coast from Accra. It is the oldest European structure in sub-Saharan Africa. Construction of Elmina castle was started by the Portuguese in 1482 and was originally completed in 1486. Later colonized by the Dutch in 1637, it was during this time that Elmina attained its highest status.
Upon visiting, you will experience the physical history of the slave trade, the impact of which is still felt beyond the shores of Africa today. Most visitors to Ghana tour Elmina Castle, because of its history as a major trans-Atlantic slave hub. Originally, Elmina Castle was not built for the purpose of holding and trading slaves, but instead as a trading post for gold and other African goods. It is from this trade that the name "Elmina" was derived from the Portuguese name for "Da Costa de el Mina de Ouro" (The Coast of Gold Mines).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Senyo Global Solutions, No. 38 Ayaben St, Adenta Municipality, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.