Canyonlands National Park White Rim Trail by 4WD
Go deep into Canyonlands National Park on a full-day tour by 4-wheel drive (4WD) that travels the famous White Rim Road. Experience the landscape up close on short optional hikes that lead to hidden passages, secret canyons and caves. Your route includes Island in the Sky, Gooseneck overlook, Musselman Arch, Lathrop Canyon and the Shafer Trail leading to the Colorado River. With an expert guide to show you the treasures of the White Rim Road, experience an unforgettable day in the Canyonlands.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by 4x4 vehicle
- Ice water and lemonade
- Buffet-style lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Park entrance fees ($10 USD per person and $25 per family)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Canyonlands National Park, Moab, UT 84532
After making your own way to the meeting point in central Moab, your guide takes you by 4WD vehicle about 30 miles (48 km) to reach the Island in the Sky section of Canyonlands National Park.
Pass By: Utah Scenic Byway 279 Rock Art Sites, Highway 279, Moab, UT
In an area filled with challenging mountain passes, technical terrain and plenty of level 2, 3 and 4 hikes, the Rock Art Sites of Moab offer travelers easy access to ancient drawings scattered along paths even a novice can navigate.
Pass By: Dead Horse Point State Park, Sr 313, Moab, UT 84532
Your guide takes the White Rim Road, which gives you awe-inspiring views of the Colorado River below on one side and the cliffs of Dead Horse Point rising on the other side, framed by the blue desert sky.
Pass By: White Rim Road, Canyonlands National Park, UT 84532
This rugged portion of the 25-mile (40-km) White Rim Road loop offers incredible views around every bend. Explore more of this amazing landscape on several short optional hikes just beneath the White Rim Sandstone level. Follow your guide on moderately challenging hikes to caves, caverns and breathtaking viewpoints over the mighty Colorado River. Or simply relax near the vehicle and soak up the views.
Pass By: Lathrop Canyon, Canyonlands National Park, UT
You also visit park treasures such as Gooseneck overlook, Lathrop Canyon, Musselman Arch and the famous Shafer Trail, which follows a series of switchbacks down to the Colorado River corridor.
Pass By: Moab, Moab, Utah
Your full-day tour includes a stop for a delicious buffet-style picnic lunch accompanied by cold water and lemonade. At the end of an unforgettable day, your guide returns you to Moab to end your tour.
Pass By: Green River, Green River, Utah
Below the Island in the Sky mesa sits the White Rim formation, an expansive rock terrace located about 1,000 feet (300 meters) above the Colorado and Green Rivers and the same impressive distance below the mesa. In this rock wilderness, big horn sheep traverse rocky ledges sprinkled with piñon and juniper forest
Departure Point :Navtec Expeditions, 321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessioner
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.