Canyoning - Ghost Canyon (Intermediate Level)
Our Ghost Canyoning Trip, located just north of Banff & Banff National Park is one of the most wild, spectacular, & secluded canyon trips you’ll experience anywhere. Just getting out to the ghost itself is an adventure. Combine this with a fantastically playful canyon and you get an experience second to none. An all day adventure that requires 4x4 access, this spectacular experience rewards visitors with remote Mountain vistas. The Canyon itself is a ton of fun and includes slides, rappels, and pool jumps! The straight forward nature of the rappels makes this a great trip even for beginners who are looking for a bit more, yet the phenomenal jumps, slides and surroundings, keep it interesting even for veteran canyoneers. An all around incredible full day experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Professional Rappelling instruction/clinic
- Wet suits (including bottom, top, and neoprene socks)
- All necessary rappelling equipment
- Snacks - Snacks/Energy bars/ Bottled Water
- Neoprene socks/booties
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
After meeting your guides and other participants of the group (either at the staging area in the Heart Creek Trail parking lot or after being picked up from your hotel), it is an approximate 1.5 hour drive by van to the starting location of the canyon a 30-45 min hike will bring you to the top of the canyon adventure. Everyone suits up, and in order to ensure safety your guides will go thru a mandatory rappel and rope safety clinic with all participants. There are a total of 4 rappels, interspersed with some scrambling, hiking, as well as several slides and easy but fun pool jumps. The entire canyon takes approximately 3 - 4 hours to descend.
• Banff, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta
• Canmore, Canmore, Kananaskis Country, Alberta
• Ghost Reservoir Provincial Recreation Area, Cochrane, Alberta Canada
• Banff National Park, Banff National Park, Alberta
Departure Point :Range Road 91A, Range Rd 91A, Bighorn No. 8, AB T0L, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting Time & Location:Meeting time is at 8:00am at the Heart Creek Trail Parking lot or by pick up at your hotel.Hotel or Campground Pick Up:Hotel and campground pick ups are available from Canmore or Banff. Please arrange pick up time & location beforehand. For groups of 5 or more pick up can even be arranged from Calgary.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people are required for activity to operate
- A maximum of 8 people in group
- Minimum Age & Ability: Due to the active nature of this trip we require all participants to be at least 15 years of age. Participants due not require any previous rope or rappelling experience, they must though be relatively comfortable with heights and swimming.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.