Canyon Itaimbezinho Tour with Picnic
On this Full Day Tour, you will get to know the largest canyon in Latin America, located in the Aparados da Serra National Park, in the city of Cambará do Sul. In the beautiful setting, which was used for the filming of the miniseries “Casa das Sete Mulheres”, you will witness the beautiful millennial basaltic stroke, approximately 700 meters deep and six kilometers long. Two easy trails through the edges allow to see the walls covered by Araucaria: the Vertice (3km, 45 minutes, round trip) and the Elbow (6km, two hours, round trip). At the end of the tour, a delicious picnic awaits you!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Professional Guide
- Picnic and personalized tour bag
- Entry/Admission - Itaimbezinho Canyon
- Entry/Admission - Cânion Itaimbezinho Trilha do Cotovelo
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional de Aparados da Serra
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverages
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Itaimbezinho Canyon, Rodovia RS 429, KM 18 Aparados da Serra National Park, Cambara do Sul, State of Rio Grande do Sul 95480-000 Brazil
Witness the beautiful millennial basaltic stroke, approximately 700 meters deep and six kilometers long. Two easy trails through the edges allow to see the walls covered by Araucaria: the Vertice (3km, 45 minutes, round trip) and the Elbow (6km, two hours, round trip).
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Cânion Itaimbezinho Trilha do Cotovelo, Rodovia RS 429, KM 18, Cambará do Sul - RS, 95480-000, Brazil
The Cotovelo (Elbow) trail is 6.3 km long (round trip) on a completely flat path, with a walk that takes an average of 2:30h (round trip).
People of all ages can take the Elbow trail, which starts at the park's headquarters. Most of the path is made by an old park road, the rest of the path is made by the edge of the canyon.
Arriving at the first viewpoint, it is possible to see the classic image of the Itaimbezinho walls. Then the trail continues to follow the canyon where you can see views from other angles, with emphasis on the Elbow, which gives the name to the trail.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Parque Nacional de Aparados da Serra, Rodovia RS 429, s/n, Cambara do Sul, State of Rio Grande do Sul Brazil
The Vertice Trail also starts at the park's headquarters, on a shorter route, 1.4 km long. It takes an average of 45 minutes of walking (round trip) and the level is easy and can be done by people of all ages.
Along its route there are lookouts where it is possible to see the Cascata das Andorinhas, a fall of approximately 200 meters high. The fall is formed by Arroio Perdizes which later becomes the Boi River and cuts through the rest of the canyon.
In the second viewpoint it is possible to see the Véu da Noiva Waterfall, with a fall with 289 meters high. Its waters are formed by Arroio Preá, which helps in the formation of the Rio do Boi, a river that flows at the bottom of the canyon.
At the third viewpoint, you can see the two waterfalls and the beginning of the Itaimbezinho Canyon, which is in the shape of a vertex and gives rise to the name of the trail. At the end of the trails, it's time to replenish your energy with a tasty picnic.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: Av. das Hortências, 1845 - Vila Suica, Gramado - RS, 95670-000, Brazil
2: Praça Matriz, 69 - Centro, Canela - RS, 95680-000, Brazil
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The exactly Departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation
- There are two easy trails leading to opposite sides of the canyon. You can do both or one only and wait for the rest of the group.
- The departure of this tour may be from one of the following points:
- Departure from Gramado (Av. Das Hortênsias, 1845 - Vila Suiça): 8 am
- Departure from Canela (Matriz Square, 69 - room 09 - Downtown): 8:20 am
- Most travelers can participate
- Please provide full name from all passengers
- Please provide Passport number from all passengers. In case of brazilians, only number ID (RG) is needed.
- If this data is not sent immediately after booking to the e-mail located in the voucher, the service may not be confirmed.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.