Canoe adventure in Stockholm Archipelago
Discover the beauty of the Stockholm Archipelago on this easy canoe adventure. Canoeing is a wonderful and very affordable way to discover the beauty of inner archipelago. Escape the hassle of the city. Paddle through the magnificent landscapes of Bogesund Nature Reserve, soak up breathtaking scenic views. As you glide along the water, listen to stories about the history of the area which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago. Watch out for native wildlife including beavers and coastal birds and enjoy a traditional Swedish coffee break, also known as a "fika".
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Canoe (designed for 2 adults), paddle, PFD, dry bag, map
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea - Fika (a Swedish coffee break)
- Photos of the tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Outdoor clothing (it is recommended that you wear outdoor clothing, suitable to the weather)
Discover hidden gems of the Stockholm Archipelago on this easy canoe tour. Escape the hassle of the city and soak up breathtaking scenic views as you paddle through Bogesund Nature Reserve and enjoy a traditional Swedish “fika” break. The adventure begins at Skärgårdens Kanotcenter, where you’ll meet your canoeing guide and take part in a short safety briefing. Once you’re familiar with the basic paddling techniques and the route it's time to hop into your canoe and hit the water. Follow your guide as you explore the beauty of the Stockholm Archipelago and admire the wonderful natural landscape which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago. Soak up the surrounding scenic views and feel immersed in the tranquil atmosphere, which will leave you feeling a million miles away from the hassle of the city, despite being just 30-minutes away from Stockholm. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, find the perfect spot to enjoy a Swedish coffee break called “fika”. After the rest, head back into the water and watch out for the native wildlife including beavers and coastal birds. At the end of an unforgettable experience, it’s time to begin the journey back to the starting point.
• Bogesundslandet naturreservat, Vaxholm Sweden
Departure Point :Skärgårdens Kanotcenter Kayaks & Outdoor, Resarövägen 10, 185 51 Vaxholm, Sweden
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Participants must be able to swim 200 meters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.