Cano Hondo Rooms + Kayaking + Hiking + Natural Waterfall Swimming Pools
This is an adventure good for those looking to enjoy nature and an unique rainforest experience. Focused on providing a true local view of Dominican Republic in Los Haitises National Park, with history facts and information about the ecosystem along the trip. Transportation is not included.
We meet in Sabana de la mar, from here you will follow the guide in your own vehicle to our hidden gem!. Be ready for a real adventure hike, bonfires, kayaking & waterfalls and the unique Ecolodge in Dominican Republic.
If you are a group or are interested in a date you don’t see available, feel free to contact us directly and I will help you out. As you see in the reviews, Booking Adventures is very a passionate about our job and We love to show the real life in the island to our guests. On each tour we plant one Mangrove tree as a donation To the Nature.
per adult from
1 day 6 hours
What's included :
- 4 Hours Hiking Rain Forest
- 1 Room at the Ecolodge
- 1 Dinner per Person
- 1 Breakfast per Person
- 1 Lunch per Person
- 3 Hours Kayaking ( Or Boat Trip)
- 1 Water Bottle per person
- All fees entrance to Los Haitises National Park
- Entry/Admission - Los Haitises National Park
- Entry/Admission - Altos de Caño Hondo
- Entry/Admission - Paraíso Caño Hondo
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private Transfer from Punta Cana or others areas.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Los Haitises National Park, Dominican Republic
We visit the East side of Dominican Republic, Los Haitises National Park Rainforest, our adventure starts After having check- in at the Ecolodge. First with a 2 to 3 Hours Hike. There you can enjoy the landscape, learn about Dominican Republic life in the country side and live nature. Along the way you will learn of the bio diverse ecosystem of the rainforest, touch Cacaos trees, unique flora and historical areas.
Next day Dominican Style Breakfast. After Breakfast we hike minutes to the Mangroves port. Then we take the equipment required for your safety (Lifejackets, etc), kayaks and going through mangrove swamps. You will see some bird-filled mangroves, rolling hills of lush vegetation.
Through the mangroves and Land at the open San Lorenzo Bay, from where you can photograph the rugged forest landscape. Start checking some Endemics Birds, Mammals and Plants species, rolling hills of lush vegetation and caves of Los Haitises National Park.
Duration: 12 hours
Stop At: Altos de Caño Hondo, Sabana de la Mar 25000, Dominican Republic
Ecolodge rooms included in the visit. Dinner and breakfast plus lunch will be at the Alto de Cano Hondo Restaurant.
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: Paraíso Caño Hondo, Los Haitises, Sabana de la Mar 25000, Dominican Republic
Natural Pools at Cano Hondo Hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Paraíso caño hondo, Calle Sabana De la Mar, El Valle 25000, Dominican Republic
Montain views around this areas.
Stop At: Caño Hondo, 57000, Dominican Republic
Kayaking in Los Haitises National Park areas.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Sabana de la Mar, Sabana de la Mar, Hato Mayor Province, Dominican Republic
Sabana de la mar is the main community where is located the park.
Pass By: Samana Bay, Dominican Republic
From Hotel rooms you will see Samana bay and los haitises bay.
Departure Point :1: Avenida La Marina 4, Samaná 32000, Dominican Republic
2: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Carretera Caño Hondo, 25000, Dominican Republic
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.