Canals Art Food and Wine Tour
Enjoy the best Milanese cultural experience that offers a truly great combination of Renaissance art, appetizers, and wine with this 3-hour tour. Join a guide who specializes in art history on a tour that follows in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci. Discover the history of the city's canals known as the Navigli, now the city's top entertainment district. Chill out in true Milanese style over an aperitivo and glass of wine in one of the district's most characteristic spots and watch the people go by as things stirs to life.
per adult from
What's included :
- Glass of wine or cocktail plus light refreshments
- Fully licenced English-speaking guide
- Entrance to the Portinari Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Darsena
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di Sant'Eustorgio, Piazza Sant'Eustorgio, 1, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
Meet your guide in front of one of Milan's oldest and most illustrious basilicas, Saint Eustorgio, built on an ancient pagan and early Christian burial site in an area steeped in legend. Inside we’ll visit the Portinari Chapel built by the Medici bankers from Florence in the 15th century. Beautifully frescoed by one of the greatest artists of the day, Vincenzo Foppa, this unsung gem is one of Milan’s finest artistic attractions that heralded the arrival of the great Renaissance painters to the courts of northern Italy.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Darsena, 21022 Milan Italy
A relaxing stroll then takes us to the old river port known as the Darsena. Built at the start of the 17th-century, it was once the first point of arrival for the barges carrying all that dazzling marble used to build the Milan Duomo. In April 2015 it underwent an amazingly successful renovation and is now one of the places the Milanese most enjoy during their evening passeggiata along the water.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Naviglio Grande, 21015 Milan Italy
As we make our way to our final destination your guide will give you an insight into the history of the Navigli, which date back to the 12th century and brought so much prosperity to the city, making it one of the most thriving and important river port cities of Europe.
As we saunter down the romantic Naviglio Grande which will be stirring to life for the ritual evening revels, you can get a glimpse of some of the characteristic courtyards with their quaint balconies once filled with large families and now the prime location for artists and their ateliers. The city's trendiest café and restaurant district then awaits you with an aperitivo and plate of appetizers in one of its most charming spots.
You can also discover the best places to spend the rest of your evening, whether it's simply staying put as you watch the world go by over a glass of wine, enjoying a meal in a typical restaurant, or moving on somewhere else.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Sant'Eustorgio, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :P.TA Genova FS, Piazzale Stazione Genova, 20144 Milano MI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Those under this age are welcome to come provided they are accompanied by an adult. They will be offered a soft drink.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Even though the latest Italian government legislation allows for groups of up to 20, this tour will only host a maximum of 8 guests until 30th June 2021 so that your safety and enjoyment of the experience is enhanced at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.