CAN GIO – VAM SAT ECOLOGICAL (Mangrove forest)
Vàm Sát Ecological Tourist Site (Can Gio District) was established in 1999. It has been acknowledged for the diversity of typical mangrove forest plants (mangrove, Avicennia, Ambarella, Glosbe, etc.) and a Diverse terred trial and aquatic animals system which is ideal for visitors, researchers.
The UNESCO organization has approved Vam Sat to be Vietnam’s first Biosphere Reserve and the 368th member of the world biosphere reserve network consisting of 91 countries on 21 January 2000.
In July 2002, Vam Sat was recognized by the World Tourism Organization (WTO) as the WORLD’S BEST & THE MOST SUSTAINABLE ECOLOGICAL TOURIST SITE (1 of 65 sites recognized by this organization).
On January 06, 2004, HCM City People’s Committee decided to establish 02 animal conservation zones in Vam Sat Tourist.
Since 2005, Vam Sat has successfully hybridized the deer and crocodile species, contributing to the regeneration of natural fauna.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Round-trip Canoe transportation
- Round-trip transport at crocodile camp + Tickets for crocodile fishing
- Tickets for Conquering Tang Bong tower. Challenge with a suspension bridge
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance, Tips/gratuities for local guide, alligator fishing fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
07:30 You will be picked you up to depart for Can Gio.
8:30 You will reach Dan Xay reception station.
8h30 – 8h45 You will board on the canoe to enjoy the landscape of the river, the typical flora of Vam Sat mangrove forest and other types of fishing of Can Gio fishermen.
8h45 – 9h45 We shall reach the Bat Lagoon. Here you can have our boatmen row to the core in the mangrove forest – a picturesque natural landscape. “Đầm Dơi Vàm Sát” (Bat Lagoon): 123.2 ha, a dense mangrove forest where more than 300 of bats live, especially the Scotophilus heathii bat.
After that, you will join the “Catching crabs” game.
9h45 – 11:30 We continue to visit Vam Sat Tourist Site (“Sân Chim Vàm Sát” (Vam Sat Bird Sanctuary): 602.5 ha, home to 7,000 birds of several species including 11 waterbird species) with following several activities:
– Electric cab shall bring you to visit the Bird Sanctuary. On these days, Vam Sat Tourist Site is bustling with thousands of water birds covering the sky.
– We continue to bring you to visit Hoa Ca Crocodile Reserve. Here you will learn about the process of hatching alligators, especially participating in the thrilling game “Crocodile Fishing Yacht”
– Next, you will visit the wild long-tailed macaque, very mischievous but also very friendly with humans.
11:00 – 11:30 Continue to conquer 26m-high Tang Bong Tower to admire the beautiful panorama of the Mangrove Biosphere Reserve from the sky.
You can then walk along the forest roads, challenge the suspension bridge, visit the friendly and peaceful forest deer, etc.
Finally, the Canoe brings you back Dan Xay Station where we head to the beach, with a short visit at Can Gio seafood market on the way.
Lunch will be served at Phuong Nam resort. You will get free bathing time in freshwater and saltwater swimming pools.
The tour shall depart back the city and the Tour ends at around 17:30.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.