Can Cau Market on Saturday from Sapa Town
Can Cau is a busy market which is held every Saturday. Located just below the Chinese border, it is
a colourful, vibrant market where you will encounter minority peoples such as the Flower Hmong
(Red Hmong), Nung, Phu La and even Chinese people from across the border. All kinds of goods
are traded here, from fabrics to various types of livestock to the powerful local corn wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sapa Market, Dien Bien Phu Road, Sapa Vietnam
As you would expect, the market starts early (around 7.30am) and closes in the early afternoon so
you will want to make an early start to get the most out of the experience. A typical itinerary for a day
at Can Cau Market would be:
Drive to Can Cau (125 km / 3 hours from Sapa, or 87 km / 2 hours from Lao Cai).
Take time to explore the market. Mingle with the locals and soak in the atmosphere, maybe try
to haggle a bargain!
After the market travel to Bac Ha town to have lunch in a local restaurant where you can try the
traditional lunch of Thang Co (horse stew) and corn wine (alternative dishes are available!).
After lunch we will drive to Ban Pho village and take a short walk around where the Flower
Hmong, Tay and Nung minorities live.
We will see the local people making corn wine in their houses, ready for the Bac Ha market on
End the afternoon with a visit the Chinese border gate at Lao Cai city
Drive back to Sapa or Lao Cai train station
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Sapa Town
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.