California Coast Tour 2 Days from San Jose to Los Angeles via Monterey
This independent California pacific coast excursion is made possible by sedan car from San Jose to Monterey, local three hour tour of Monterey Peninsula, spending a night there and then to Los Angeles in two days. Comfortable seating also can enjoy dinning on the train.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All Fees and Taxes
- 17 mile drive fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Sightseeing tour of Monterey, Carmel, Pebble Beach, 17 mile drive
- WiFi on board
- Lounge car on board
- Hotel in Monterey
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Day 1: San Jose to Monterey
Pass By: Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California
Driver guide will pick you up at San Jose Diridon Station at about 9:30 a.m. Driving through Silicon Valley and The Redwoods you reach the coast at Santa Cruz. Along Highway 1 you go through Aptos, Capitola, and agricultural area to Elkhorn Slough and Moss Beach. Soon you are in Castroville driving through miles of artichoke and strawberry fields. Along the coast you see sand dunes on the west and Salinas Valley with the coastal mountain range to the east. Salinas River empties into Monterey Bay. Past California State University of Monterey in what used to be Fort Ord through Marina and Seaside you reach Monterey and Carmel by 11:30.
Stop At: Monterey, Monterey, Monterey County, California
Drive through and see historic Monterey, Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row and Pacific Grove stopping for lunch where you chose to. Afternoon see the golf courses and mansions on 17 Mile Drive and Pebble Beach. Spend about an hour in Carmel then go to check in at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Casa Munras Garden Hotel or similar. Check in for the night.
Day 2: Salisas to Los Angeles by train
Stop At: Pacific Coast Highway, 147161, CA
After a relaxing morning, at 10:15 our sedan car driver transfers you to Salinas Train Station. This takes about 30 minutes. Coast Starlight that started in Seattle the day before now takes us through the Salinas Valley, center of Monterey Country's agricultural region. The route takes us by Salinas River through small towns, fields of lettuce, broccoli and acres of green houses. Suddenly by King City we see miles and miles of newly planted vineyards where just a few years ago there was only cattle pasture. The oil fields appear and then the military installations at Camp Roberts. Soon we reach historic Paso Robles. Leaving the level areas we now climb Cuesta Grade through six tunnels and drop down to sea level at San Luis Obispo.
The ocean briefly appears at Pismo Beach. Heading south the rails go by Vandenberg Space station and near Goleta you see some of the most scenic ocean views all the way through Santa Barbara to Oxnard. Turning inland in early evening the train goes past miles of orange groves then through Fillmore and Simi Valley to Glendale and the great metropolis of Los Angeles. It is now about 9:00 p.m. as we arrive at the in the heart of Los Angeles at the Union Station that you may recognize from many Hollywood films. If you are staying in Los Angeles taxicabs to downtown locations cost about $20, twice as much to Hollywood, West Los Angeles, and Beverly Hills or to Los Angeles International Airport. If you are going further south the train connects to Surfliner arrives in Anaheim just before 11:00 p.m.
Duration: 9 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :San Jose Caltrain Station, San Jose, CA 95110, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
San Francisco, Oakland / Berkeley area and cities or residences up to San Jose area pick up with luggage can be arranged. When you make the reservation let us know the pickup location and we will advise you of the additional cost.
Return Detail :Union Station, 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID19 safety measures required in all public areas and vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.