Calabar Cuisine Tour
The city of Calabar is well known for its beautiful, tasty, and mouth watering dishes. The main Calabar dish, Edika-Ikong, is arguably the most sought-after in Nigeria. Would you like to taste meals rich in vegetables, bush meat, and seafood? If you do, the Calabar cuisine tour is for you. You’ll enjoy meals like fish pepper soup, Afang soup, Edika-Ikong soup, Editan soup, along with Isi Ewu (spiced Goat head), roasted plantain, or pounded yam.
Along with our friendly guide, you’ll dig into attractive meals, made from a mix of edible leaves, cowhide (Ponmo), crayfish, dry fish, snails, stockfish, periwinkles, prawns, and a whole lot more. You’ll be licking your fingers so much you may not have much washing to do after the meal.
For vegetarians, there’s Efo, made from spinach and spices. It can be eaten with rice or pounded yam. To wash it all down, as locals love to say, you may have the locally made fresh palm wine, or other alcoholic or nonalcoholic drinks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Native Delicacies Restaurant Calabar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marian Market, Ndidem Usang Iso Rd, Leopad Town, Calabar, Nigeria
You'll visit a local market, Marian Market where all the shopping will be done.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Native Delicacies Restaurant Calabar, 118 Murtala Mohammed Hwy, Ikot Ekan Edem, Calabar, Nigeria
The tour will take you to a Native Delicacies Restaurant where you’ll enjoy another local delicacy.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.