Cairo Guided Day Tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis City, Sakkara and Dahshur
Cover all of the most iconic attractions on this guided-day tour from Cairo to visit the Giza Pyramids and other important old archaeological sites. Discover the secrets and history of each site from an Egyptologist guide. Start with Giza, home to the famous Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, followed by a trip to Dahshur to see the Bent and Red Pyramids. You'll also visit Saqqara, home to the step Pyramid of Djoser as well as Memphis, the capital of the Old Kingdom. Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip private transfers and lunch included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup service from your Hotel by a private A/C. vehicle and return.
- Qualified English speaking Egyptology tour guide
- Lunch at a good quality restaurant.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing.
- Tipping to the guide and driver.
- Water or Beverages during the lunchtime at the restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
- Entry/Admission - Great Sphinx
- Entry/Admission - Memphis Historical Site
- Entry/Admission - Saqqara (Sakkara) Pyramids
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Dahshour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pyramids of Giza, Al Haram Str., Giza 12611 Egypt
Egyptology guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo or Giza on time. Once you enter the Giza plateau area, you will be able to go very close to the Great Pyramid of Cheops, and staring at that massive structure, you will realize that your dream of visiting the only surviving wonder of the ancient world came true. Your guide will provide you with historical insights into those 4600 years old tombs, how they were built and how long it took the ancient Egyptians to complete them. He will also give you enough time to take as many photos as you wish. You may like to enter the burial chamber of one of the pyramids (Extra Ticket). Passing through the pyramids of Chephren and Menkaure, you will stop to click some photos of all the pyramids together. In that part of the Sahara Desert area, you will also have the chance to ride a camel, take nice clicks and have a lot of desert fun (optional).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Great Sphinx, Al-Haram, Giza Egypt
After these pyramids, we visit the Valley Temple - The place where the priests mummified the dead body of king Chephren, owner of the second pyramid at Giza Plateau. It is also the place where you can have a close-up look at the Sphinx; the legendary guardian that stands by the huge funeral complex with its lion body and the head of king Chephren. This mysterious monument was carved to symbolize the pharaoh’s power and wisdom. You may also visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the well preserved funerary boat of Cheops. After this great tour, you will have the chance to go to a papyrus institute to see how the Egyptians produced this genuine artwork thousands of years ago. Enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Memphis Historical Site, Egypt
Then, visiting the ancient capital city of Memphis located about 24 kilometers south of Cairo. Memphis which was founded by King Menes, and was the capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom. It was considered to be a center of rule and culture for over 3,000 years and was the first capital of Egypt. Though little remains of this pharaonic city, the open air museum here is worth a visit. See the huge fallen image of Ramesses II, which is 16 meters high and the great Alabaster Sphinx of Queen Hatshepsut at the museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Saqqara (Sakkara) Pyramids, Al Giza Desert, Saqqara 12919 Egypt
Proceed to Saqqara, located only 27 km southwest away from Cairo. Visit the Step Pyramid (Built for King Zoser), the world's oldest major stone structure, in Saqqara, it is considered an important part of the pyramid evolution, which were made from the simple mastaba to its widely known form. This pyramid was built during the reign of the Third Dynasty of Ancient Egypt 4,800 years ago. Also visit the Tombs of the Nobles in Saqqara and learn more about the daily life of ancient Egyptian noblemen.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pyramids of Dahshour, Giza Egypt
You will continue to explore and then transfer to the south and visit the Red Pyramid and Bent pyramid at Dahshur. This is a famous royal necropolis in Egypt located in the desert on the West Bank of the Nile approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) south of Cairo. It is known chiefly for many famous pyramids two of which are among the oldest, largest and best preserved in Egypt, built from 2613–2589 BC; the red and bent Pyramids of King Snefru.
At the end, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo or Giza.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Cairo or Giza
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.