Cairo Citadel, Old Cairo & Khan El Khalili Full-Day Tour
See all the major highlights of Cairo on a full-day sightseeing tour of the old and modern city, with visits to the Citadel of Salah al-Din and sites of Old Cairo. Then shop for souvenir bargains at the bustling and historic Khan el-Khalili Bazaar.
per adult from
What's included :
- Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Parking fees
- Taxes and service charge
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
What's excluded :
- Tips and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Al Abageyah Shar'a Salih Salem, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Enjoy a fantastic orientation tour of Cairo on an 8-hour excursion that takes in the major monuments of Old Cairo and the maze of streets and stalls of the historic Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
Following a hotel pick-up from Cairo or Giza, you will drive up to the Saladin Citadel, constructed by Salah al-Din on the Moqattam Hills in 1183 AD as a defence against Crusader armies. Known for its fresh air and sweeping views of Cairo, it is now a preserved historic site of mosques and museums, including the Mosque of Muhammad Ali Pasha.
Designed by the Turkish architect Yousif Boushnaq, who came to Cairo especially from Istanbul to build the great building, the mosque's alabaster structure stands in beautiful contrast to the sandstone city. Continue to the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar, one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East. Discover a maze of alleys that has been at the center of Cairo’s trading activities since the 14th century.
Then, visit Old Cairo to see major attractions such as the Hanging Church, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, the Church of St. Barbara, and the Church of Abu Serga, one of the oldest Coptic churches in Cairo.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from anywhere in Cairo
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.