Cai Rang Floating Market One-day
Our schedule: Saigon-Can Tho-Tien Giang-Saigon
Up to now, Cai Rang Market of Can Tho Province in Mekong Delta has been the only Floating Market that still alive, busy and important to both local people and foreign tourists. It is also recognized as a national intangible cultural heritage site by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and is elected to be one of ten most impressive markets in the world.
A One-day-tour to Mekong Delta to visit Can Tho Floating Market and ride bike at Non-touristy peaceful Tien Giang is AN EXCLUSIVE TOUR that our company provides our tourists as a gift when you have chance to visit Vietnam.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- - Private car: Free pick-up and drop-off at your place
- - Friendly, experienced and super-informative English tour-guide
- - For other languages, please kindly let us know for arranging
- - Free lunch meal at local house
- - Tropical fruits, coconut candies, cocoa, banana chips
- - Drinks: Fresh coconut water, mineral water, coffee, soft drinks, honey tea, local wine
- - Entrance fee, Boat fee, Parking fee
- Entry/Admission - Cai Rang Floating Market
- Entry/Admission - Vietnam Academy Of Agriculture Science Southern Horticulture Research Institute
What's excluded :
- - Personal expenses
- - Tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cai Rang Floating Market, 46 Hai Ba Trung Near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000 Vietnam
Cái Răng Floating Market, located in Mekong Delta city of Can Tho Province is recognized as a national intangible cultural heritage site by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and is elected to be one of ten most impressive markets in the world.
The Cái Răng Floating Market is on the 185-kilometre Hậu River which is a part of Mekong Delta river basin.
The market is a top tourism destination in Cần Thơ City, where local and foreign tourists go to learn about the colorful and amazing life on the river.
The market, which has thrived for over a century, has been a centre for commerce in the city and its neighboring provinces such as An Giang, Vĩnh Long, Đồng Tháp, Trà Vinh and Sóc Trăng.
They traditionally sell all kinds of fruits and vegetables, and recently added coffee, breakfast dishes and even lottery tickets. And of course, all of them are served on boat on river!
On boats, products are hung on bamboo poles (we call Bẹo); therefore, tourists and locals can easily know which exactly products each boat is selling.
Actually, the market opens at 3:30 AM and from 5 AM to 6 AM is the peak time of the market when it is filled with 350 to 400 boats carrying tourists, local people and vendors in a rush.
Come with us, we will reveal you the most authentic local life in Mekong Delta through this market as Cai Rang is the significant feature of the South Vietnam. On a boat to visit the market, you will be served some kind of drinks such as coffee and tea as well as noodles, tropical fruits and snacks.
After that, we will take you to the Noodle House where you can see the process of making Noodles by local people and try some specialties of this area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vietnam Academy Of Agriculture Science Southern Horticulture Research Institute, Viet Nam Viet Nam, TT. Tân Hiệp, Châu Thành, Tiền Giang, Vietnam
Arrive at beautiful Tien Giang province (also known as Tropical Fruits Home) and you will be provided a bicycle to ride around the roads and take up some activities such as Visiting local Pagoda, Exploring local market with friendly and hospitable local people, Trying some fresh tropical fruits. We are sure you will be surprised with the fresh and clean atmosphere when riding around small village roads under Rambutan, Longan and Coconut tree shadows.
After that, we are going to enjoy local lunch and drink fresh coconut water at local people's house and have a quick look at some tropical fruits in the garden.
What makes our tour more amazing is trying some specialties of Mekong Delta such as honey tea, banana chips, cocoa, coconut candies, strawberry wine.
After all, we are taken back to our car by a boat to be back Ho Chi Minh City.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Departure Time :8/1/2019 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.