Cagliari Shore Excursion: Cagliari City Tour
Make the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting shore excursion.
Explore the best of the city of Cagliari with the eyes of a local in our walking and hop on - hop off tour.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional Tour Guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (optional)
- Hop on Hop off Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi on board, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Flexible departure according to the cruise
- Entry/Admission - Bitan - Daily Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
Can't decide what you want to do during a short stay in Cagliari? Why not do a little of everything on this half-day sightseeing adventure? Along the way, you will learn some of the histories of the island of Sardinia and see the best sightseeing of Cagliari!
You will take the free transport from your Cagliari cruise pier to the passenger gate just one minute away from where your guide will be waiting for you. You will hop aboard your transportation and begin your sightseeing fun. Escape the large cruise excursion crowds as this is an exclusive yet very affordable excursion, so it will just be you and your group.
Start your day at the famous San Benedetto Market, the largest city market in Europe! Spanning two floors and 8,000 square meters, you will find fresh fish, fruits, vegetables, cheese, and a variety of other products. Whether you purchase anything or not, you will browse and enjoy the colors and aromas of the more than 240 stalls.
What would a day on an island be without some time at the beach? Your next stop is at Poetto Beach, one of the most beautiful on the island that is popular among locals and visitors alike. Enjoy a walk along the sandy shore while taking in the views of the beautiful waters and multi-colored casotti (wooden structures near the sea). You may even be treated to a bit of entertainment provided by the traditional baretti, which are kiosks offering food and drink to purchase. Your guide will be giving you lots of information about the city, island, and the history behind all of the highlights.
You can't be in Cagliari without exploring the famous areas of the old town, and 3 of its four historical districts View Cagliari through the eyes of a local as your guide leads you on a walk of the central historic district of Castello, or "castle." The island of Sardinia is rich with ancient history, and Castello is one such locale. Still partially enclosed by bastioned walls and two medieval towers, it is the city's old fortification on the top of a hill overlooking Angels' Gulf.
In addition to the numerous beautiful churches and streets lined with restaurants and shops, the historical section of Stampace is where you will see the 13th century Torre dello Sperone.
The tower Completed in 1293 AD stands tall above the city gleaming from the white limestone construction. Throughout your 1.5-hour walk, your knowledgeable guide will share stories of Cagliari's past.
You will have access to the Royal Palace and the Cathedral; please be aware that those monuments could be closed without further notice.
You will also stroll through the Marina district, where your guide will point out the Chiesa di S. Eulaia or also known as the Catholic Church of St. Eulalia, built-in 1370. Although heavily remodeled throughout the centuries, the structure holds a lot of history and beauty.
At the end of your sightseeing experience, your guide will return you to your Cagliari cruise port. This shopping, beach walking, and a trek through history is something you will be talking about for some time!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Calata Azuni, Cagliari CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Please be aware that could be an exceptional closures and opening time changes at Cagliari attractions. This information is correct at the time of issue and is subject to change at short notice, at the discretion of the attraction.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The excursion will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued because it rains
- Small-group tour - This is a flexible tour, and our guide will be waiting for you at the parking lot, please be aware that you should meet our guide at least one hour after your docking time, after that no refund will be given.
- Directions - Once you reach the gate with the shuttle, please walk (200 meters) straight towards the parking where the buses are.
- Most travelers can participate
- If the tour starts late or encounters delays, for any reason, we will shorten the tour to return our guest to the cruise port by the scheduled time. There are no critical portions of the tour operated by third parties which could result in the inability to return to port on time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.