Cagliari Shore Excursion: Barumini Unesco Site Tour
Make the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting 5-hour tour inland excursion. Visiting Barumini and its territory means discover a world rich in history and tradition.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional Tour Guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (optional)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi on board, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Skip the line
- Entry/Admission - Casa Zapata Museum
- Entry/Admission - Su Nuraxi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa Zapata Museum, Piazza Giovanni XXIII, 09021 Barumini, Sardinia Italy
After you take the free shuttle from your pier to the passenger terminal (1 minute), your guide for the day will meet you at your cruise terminal, where you will board your transportation to the town of Barumini. The 45-minute drive is beautiful and scenic, which will make the ride seem short. Your guide will be giving you information throughout the excursion. As it is just you and your small group for the day, all of the attention and details will be on you.
You will spend approximately 1 hour at Casa Zapata, an on-site museum that was once the palace of the Aragonese nobles. The Hispanic style house was built over the ruins of a nuraghe in the 16th century. The archaeological section of Casa Zapata is located in the oldest part of the beautiful palace, housing an impressive collection of over 180 artifacts, including the family crest. Inside the historical section, numerous vital documents are belonging to the Zapata family. There is also an ethnographic section where you will find some of the more common tools used by the ancient village inhabitants. The house itself is still a stunning example of opulence and architecture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Viale Su Nuraxi, 09021 Barumini, Sardinia Italy
Su Nuraxi, "The Nuraghe" in the native Campidanese language, was a settlement build in the 17th century BCE and was inhabited up until the 6th century. Nuraghe is a type of megalithic tower-like structure. You will have approximately 2 hours to explore the archaeological site of Su Nuraxi. The Nuragic village discovered by professor Giovanni Lilliu in the 1950s. Although the real function of this nuraghe is still not known, it could have been any number of things, including a fortress, a religious site, a refuge, or even the place of parliament. The entire village consisted of towers and between 40 and 200 huts, used for meetings of local leaders, workshops, kitchens, and agricultural processing. A sewage system and a paved square with streets appear to have been built during the 9th-8th century. Throughout your experience, your guide will be with you to share information about the sites you visit.
At the end of this exciting adventure, your fantastic guide will return you to your cruise port in Cagliari.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Calata Azuni, Cagliari CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Please be aware that you have one hour from the cruise docking time to reach our guide, please get off the cruise as soon as possible, if you have any problem please advise: +393298038499 - +393486996259
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The excursion will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued because it rains
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- If the tour starts late or encounters delays, for any reason, we will shorten the tour to return our guest to the cruise port by the scheduled time. There are no critical portions of the tour operated by third parties which could result in the inability to return to port on time.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.