Cagliari: San Pietro Island and Carloforte Tour from Chia
Journey along the south coast of Sardinia and catch the ferry to picturesque San Pietro Island.
Take a tour on the island and get the chance to swim in the sea. Get back to nature and look for dolphins, peregrine falcons, and more.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Chia area only)
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Round-trip private transfer (optional booking)
- Private tour (optional booking)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free wifi service, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Ferry Trip
- Entry/Admission - Bitan - Daily Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
Benefit from hotel pick-up in the Domus de Maria and Chia area in the south of Sardinia, and then take a scenic drive towards Calasetta to board a ferry to San Pietro Island. The trip on the ferry takes around 40 minutes.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Carloforte, Carloforte, Province of Carbonia-Iglesias, Sardinia
Carloforte, with its colorful sights and its harbor, is one of the most enchanting towns in Sardinia and will steal your heart any time of the year. The town preserves the language, customs, and culture of Liguria because of its colonization by some families who were initially from Pegli but came from Tabarka, Tunisia.
The Church of Novelli Innocenti, dedicated to a tragic shipwreck, the cinema and theater Giuseppe Cavallera, known as "U Palassiu," and the church of Our Lady of the Castaway are excellent examples of architectural beauty. On the seafront, it is particularly pleasant to photograph the monument to Carlo Emanuele III of Savoy, inaugurated in 1786, with the sea in the background.
The coasts in the vicinity are the jewel of the island. Bobba, wild and bright, or Cala Fico and its sea bed colorful with fish, are just some of the must-see destinations. The Columns, two cliffs 16 meters high that plunge into the topaz sea, provide a perfect backdrop for pictures.
One of the best experiences you can have in Carloforte is undoubtedly enjoying the local specialties. Every year, between May and June, the city explodes in a festival of lights, music, and live cooking competitions and events known as the Girotonno, in honor of the ruling fish of the island, made with thousands of imaginative recipes. In April, the picturesque Festival of Tabarkan Couscous, a historical Genoese interpretation of the delicious Tunisian dish, is also quite the event.
You will take a tour on the island with a local guide, and get the chance to stop and swim in the sea. Take souvenir photos of the fantastic landscape, from the picturesque beaches to the dramatic cliffs and rock formations of the sea. Formed by volcanic activity, the island boasts a hilly interior and typical Mediterranean flora of juniper and pine trees.
Visit the historical center of Carloforte, founded in the 18th century by around 30 families of coral fishers from Genoa. Learn more about the local traditions and get the chance to encounter dolphins and other wildlife, including native falcons.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Chia, Chia, Domus de Maria, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall amusing anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Parcheggio Ombreggiato CTC, Viale del Porto, 09010 Chia CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please be aware that the ferries are subject to weather conditions and may be not available at the management's discretion without any further notice.
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.